Bear Imprint

Donita

Here is my first bear. This is from a form that I made myself. I just got the actual rubber stamp but am waiting for my Kai scissors to cut it out. I am anxious to see how it compares. I poured this candle to be rustic, but it mottled. I poured at 150.......probably the FO. Donita

post-248-139458429175_thumb.jpg

I love it you are doing pretty darn good at those. So have you sent your pictures to that lady???? HE HE HE!!!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I am still working it out. I should have made the brown bear lighter and it would show up better.....but I am experimenting. I just ordered the Kai scissors from a store on ebay and they are designed for cutting rubber stamps. You can buy un mounted stamps or just pull the wood off. They aren't that hard to separate. Much cheaper if you can find ones you want that aren't mounted. That is what makes them expensive. Now I understand that I will need to be careful with the scissors because they are sharp........not a good thing for me as I am typing with a bunch of band aids on my thumb from almost cutting it off with a little sharp cooking knife last week. :cry2:

I sent her a picture of a cat's eye mold that I purchased from her done in layers. One of these days I will send her a picture of an imprint. Every week I have been buying something from her. She is getting to know a little about me. (smile)

Donita

That's perfect just the way it is Donita. I love it. OK, I understand about the rubber stamp, but how do you get it to stay put in the mold, and does the candle come out of the mold with the rubber stamp attached and then you peel it off, or what? I'm dying to know. :drool:

Thanks again everyone....Jo and Lindsay....you glue a piece of magnet on the stamp. Then use a strong magnet on the outside of the mold (tin).... I tried the kind that is used for business cards but I like the thicker and stronger material used for removable truck/car signs. I used contact cememt....but will try others too. After you let it cure for a day with weights... then use sharp scissors to cut around the edges. I don't know how Kristi does hers because she has such fine detail on her horse, moose, etc....so I will just have to learn as I go. Still drives me crazy. I want to know everything RIGHT NOW....always have been like that but I guess it is that type of personality that drives some people to learn. Or jump off of a building.:smiley2: Donita

Well I heard back from brandingirons.com and just for one the cost was over $300 so, I like your idea best. I am going to give it a try. I have several stamps that are not mounted so will give it a try.

Thanks for sharing your idea

Cindy

Hi Big Sis, good work, I admire how youjust have to learn.. I guess I'd lose my patience after a while.

anyway I keep on thinking that the candles that inspired you are stamped with something metallic. The shapes have more vivid angles and points, I think rubber is soft and can't make a sharp imprint.. but this is my opinion, and I'm sure you'll do wonders.

Hugs