Cowboy votive

Shannon WY

A guy wants me to make some votives for his gift baskets that will include his specialty- salsa, rubs, hot sauces, etc.- plus other WY made products and I came up with this. Made with 1343 and Leather FO. Used tacky wax to keep the boot on and the wick will come up through the hat. I haven't test burned it yet. What do you think?

post-174-139458381925_thumb.jpg

i like it! but i have to ask...how is it going to fit in a snug holder? i had this problem when i over dipped some votives...they didn't fit in the holders, and the next size up left big gaps...and we all know what happens there,lol!:rolleyes2

one thing...personally....i would just stick with the boot instead of both. maybe i am just prone to avoiding candles with an embed smack in the middle.:D i would love to see this in a small pillar...

Great idea, but with Laura on this one, except I'd keep the hat and hope that there was a votive container big enough to guard against a possible overflow. Now you could make the break between your layers with a rope like effect by going along the edge and slightly denting at an angle with say a butter knife, but it gets boring and is more work lol.

I'm just wondering if the tight fit votive holder is all that important since I'm using 1343 which is a pillar wax. I'm trying an LX 10 and an LX 12. I've been burning the LX 12 in a flower pot votive holder for approximately 2-1/2-3 hours with no spill over. The LX 10 has been burning for an hour doesn't have a full melt pool yet. Thanks for all the opinions. I kinda like the hat on myself- it burned with no problem with the LX 12.

Here are the burn results for the LX 10 and LX 12. The LX 12 (first 2 pics) had the hat and is burning in a flower pot votive and has been burning for about 4 hours. The LX 10 (last 2 pics) had just the boot, is in a large votive holder and has been burning for approximately 2 hours.

post-174-139458381929_thumb.jpg

post-174-139458381933_thumb.jpg

post-174-139458381934_thumb.jpg

post-174-139458381936_thumb.jpg

You sure came up with something new......really cute and oh so western! I like them as is and I'll bet that if people buy them they won't even light them. That is a decoration......and nice in case you have a power outage, you can light it! LOL Donita