Jacuzzi tubs and bathbombs?

ah-soy

Working like crazy on a new bath bomb recipe and so far so good. Some ready to be tested by my volunteers (a.k.a. friends who want freebies). My one bath crazy friend just installed a new jacuzzi/whirlpool tub...hence my question...are bath bombs safe to use in this type of tub or will it cause problems with the jets?

My friend uses my bombs & salts in her jacuzzi tub all the time. Mind you, she makes sure to clean it out thoroughly, and I have no idea what might be happening to the plumbing behind the scenes, but she hasn't had any problems so far.

She also uses my solid bubble bath, and I truly wish I'd been there the first time. :laugh2: She said it was like an episode of "I Love Lucy" - a neverending tidal wave of bubbles.

Your not SUPPOSED to if there's oils or butters in them, but I still do :whistle:

I cant help it LOL, just to have that tub to relax in it and not be able to use it with special products to help relax is killer. I LOVE my baths so I cannot deny myself. To maintain my tub, and the jets once I'm done taking a bath I clean it right away using 1/2 cup of bleach and 1 TBS of cascade powder, fill the tub and run the jets for about 15-30 minutes and do a really good scrub, and then repeat the bleach and cascade process every saturday :grin2:

This post brought back an old DUH moment for me. First time I got in my jacuzzi tub, I thought what a nice bubble bath this is going to be.

I put the bubbles in, filled up the time and got in to enjoy a nice bath. I turned the jets on and it was ALL down hill from there. I was using a bucket for 2 hours scooping up all the bubbles it made :laugh2:

Had I not started panicking, I would have had enough sense to just turn the jets off or drain the tub but nooooo I HAD to do it the HARD way :laugh2:

I haven't taken a bubble bath since lol

• 7 months later...

You really shouldn't add anything with oils. Once you do, the cleanup is just not fun. I am a bath ho and love my jacuzzi tub. Yet, now after 8 years, I don't use the jets. I wish so much that the tub was only a soaking tub. I have to now clean it after every soak. I can't even use my emulsified sugar scrubs without it causing gunk to build up.

If you want the tub to last long term and not have to worry about it shooting black gunk out, then don't use anything with oils in it. Jacuzzi tubs are so appealing, but just not worth the hassle. I wish someone had really educated me that in order to have the jets, you can't use other products or clean up is just a mess and hassle.

Ann M