Cloud Question

DeJae

Ok, I know most of my questions have been about CP soap and yes, I am taking the dive in... ordered my molds and products, will be here Wednesday.

YEA!!! I am like a child staring into a window of a CLOSED candy store! lol

Promise to post pics of my first disasters....

My question right now is about MP. I am just trying to make some simple fish in a bag soaps, grrrrr

I am not using color or FO, got the clear MP from Peak's

BUT here is the problem, when it is all done and solid, it is cloudy, can someone tell me why and what I can do??

No bubbles are in it.

The "clear" SFIC is cloudy. I've seen really clear pics of fish in a bag soaps, but the clearest I've been able to achieve has been with the m&p from wsp. I still don't get a really clear soap with that one, or at least not as clear as for what I was hoping.

Make sure the fish and the bags are really clean, other wise the residue from them could cloud the soap. Also, like it was mentioned earlier, to get a really clear soap I would go with an extra clear base from someplace like WSP (or somewhere) that is not necessarily SFIC. I know the SFIC is a really good base, and more moisturizing and better than some random base, but honestly out of most the poeple that buy my fishy soaps, they are for the most part decorations for their baths, or for kids who really don't "wash" with the soap, they more "play" with it. ( :) LOL) And that extra moisturizing could be the reason for the cloudiness as well.

I play with what ever brand of M&P I can get but mostly whatever it is that Glory Bee sells. I've tried to make colorful chunk soaps with clear overpours that go cloudy, but for some reason my fish soaps never seem to have an issue. They are always scented but maybe it's the ever ever so slight really indistinguishable single drop of blue that I add to the base just to give it a 'water' color that prevents it's own tint from appearing as cloudyness? If you try it, I'd be interested in if it works for you or not. Then again, my interpretation of 'cloudy' could be different, lol.

p.s. I don't use the bags either so maybe it has something to do with that. I just use a rounded mold.

Ok, I know most of my questions have been about CP soap and yes, I am taking the dive in... ordered my molds and products, will be here Wednesday.

YEA!!! I am like a child staring into a window of a CLOSED candy store! lol

Promise to post pics of my first disasters....

quote]

:grin2: I know what you mean - when I took the plunge, I had everything I needed except the lye seemed like it took freaking forEVer to arrive; the one thing you absolutely must have. Enjoy!

Jeri