Experimentation

Was in a cutting mood just to see what it was like -- PITA!

This is sun, moon and stars. Someone said do yellow and royal blue, but it was too late. Only did two this way because it's a PITA. Must think of an easier method. Also didn't want the black rustic, but I was being rushed to go eat dinner. Besides I can call that part the milky way :rolleyes2

[ATTACH]11895[/ATTACH]

This is unfinished watermelon ... or seedless watermelon lol. Though I would paint some seeds on, maybe. Had more fun though doing two tone stripes.

[ATTACH]11896[/ATTACH]

Ignore those funky, smeared backgrounds.

post-23-139458427886_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458427893_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks!

Just cut into pliable wax with a knife and pull the wax out. Pulling that wax out is the trick. You don't want the wax to bleed like the yolk of a stuck egg. Just makes for more cutting. Would suggest using something dull to cut with too. That's all that I did on these things. I need smaller hands though lol. Trying to do the sun was the hardest part, especially when the so-called rays broke.

I did say I was looking for an easier method and I still am. Course cutting stripes is nothing if you pull them out gently. Cutting triangles is a different story.

Oh no Tina, I haven't stopped making candles. I haven't made soap in like 1 1/2 months and have been doing the candle thing since. Have too much to do, that's for sure!

Hey thanks!

Just cut into pliable wax with a knife and pull the wax out. Pulling that wax out is the trick. You don't want the wax to bleed like the yolk of a stuck egg. Just makes for more cutting. Would suggest using something dull to cut with too. That's all that I did on these things. I need smaller hands though lol. Trying to do the sun was the hardest part, especially when the so-called rays broke.

I did say I was looking for an easier method and I still am. Course cutting stripes is nothing if you pull them out gently. Cutting triangles is a different story.

I don't have a freakin clue what you just said. You lost me on the egg yolk part. I love it when you get a little loopy and start the experimentation though!! :P

*&%#$ you......now I have to try something new. I love both techniques. My mind is already trying to figure out something....but as you said...it is Monday. Thanks for coming up with something new and sharing. Donita