On a Roll Here

DeJae

Ok, so reading all the other soap processes is starting to tickle me....LOL

I have two questions on this one.

One is, can you use the same recipe for HP and CP?

Cause all I see on here and everywhere else is CP recipes

Two, Where does one buy Lye??

Thanks again all!

Good Lord...you posted the question at 11:33pm! Give us some time to wake up! :laugh2:

Yes, you can do use the same recipe for CP and HP.

I buy my lye at Lowe's. The Roebic brand.

Donna

Aren't you guys up all night like me??? Come on, just because there is a BIG time zone difference between East and West doesn't mean your suppose to be asleep when I am awake :laugh2: :laugh2:

Sorry about all, I always forget the time difference and that everyone on here is not from the West.

I am so torn, I am really wanting to dive into the CP or HP soaps but of course never have done either YET... I have pro and con thoughts on both.

HP sounds messier and hard to mix and swirl.....and CP....I don't have waiting patience for one but if I am going to have even a small variety of soaps, I don't really have the room to have a bunch of these wrapped up in towels and hanging out...for a month of sundays! I just don't know!!! Grrrrr.

Thanks for all the help, once again....

Hmmm, I really don't want to do that because I don't have some things like a crock pot.

I don't want to go buy a crock pot and decide this is a PITA, I will do CP instead. Then I have a crock pot I paid for sitting there.

Plus it will make the family see it sitting there and they will come up with recipes of their own (you know like food ones) for me to cook in it and that ain't happenin :laugh2:

Found some info on it, sounds good to me, gonna work on giving it a try, gotta get a mold first.

Just dreading having the oven on when it has been 103 here daily! :shocked2:

Oh boy, getting excited.....This is sick, sick, sick.

Just read a few posts here and there is something about you people in the way word stuff that makes people get sucked in....

LOL Kind of like years ago at the movies when they used film (dating myself here)they would take like every 30th frame and put in a food frame. You never see it it but it suggests to the sub consious.

I haven't even finished playing with M&P and I am looking to move on.

Hey, are you guys getting kick backs from the suppliers??? :laugh2: j/k

Moe too

Bought five lbs of M&P and used up two, then started to make my own soap, now I can hardly wait to make another batch. M&p still sitting there.

The reason I started making cphp is because this new base has no lather and my customers were not happy, so I decided to cut out the middleman and make my own soap.

Hubby says " this is by far the best soap I have ever used" And I tell you he is my tester because he has super sensitive skin and everything makes him itch. So If he thinks the soap is that good ,I know customers will love it.

It is so cool to see you creation turn ino real soap. :yay:

Have fun and let us know how it turns out!!

Is CPHP the same as CPOP???

I know there are many many great recipes on this board and they all sound wonderful but I can not decide where to begin.

I don't want to do something to hard to start cause I don't want it to discourage me. Can anyone suggest or point me in a good direction here.

I have some ingredients but I know not enough to do a soap and I don't want to buy a bunch of something till I have a direction. HELP :)

Check out this which is actually a sticky at the top of the Soaps area: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769

CP - Cold Process, Cold Processed. Soapmaking method where the soap mixture is mixed and poured at room temperature (more or less).

CPHP - Crock Pot Hot Soap. Soapmaking method where the soap mixture is cooked in a crock pot.

CPOP - Cold Process, Oven Process. Soapmaking method where the soap mixture is poured into moulds, which are then placed into the oven and "baked" at very low temperature.

OHP - Oven Hot Process - you basically do your HP in the oven in a pot instead of on the counter in a crock pot

Hmmm, I really don't want to do that because I don't have some things like a crock pot.

I don't want to go buy a crock pot and decide this is a PITA, I will do CP instead. Then I have a crock pot I paid for sitting there.

Plus it will make the family see it sitting there and they will come up with recipes of their own (you know like food ones) for me to cook in it and that ain't happenin :laugh2:

I bought a crock pot at the thrift store for $2.00 (for soaping only) and my family knows better than to think I would actually prepare FOOD in the kitchen:rolleyes2

I have made the MicroWave 30 minute HP soap and the HP but the OPHP is my favorite. I have both a 3lb loaf and a tall one what ever it's called and several bar size. Making the OPHP in the same as CP mix until trace then pour into mold, pop in oven and cut when you take it out. I put mine in a *175 oven for 1hr then turn oven off and leave mold in till next day. It will be cool and mine is already hard enough to cut. Plus you can use it right away if there is no zap.

http://www.microwavesoap.homestead.com/

a couple more sites

http://www.teachsoap.com/ohp.html

http://members.tripod.com/allcrafts/

http://www.soapnuts.com/