Finally...flat rate from US to Canada!!

So even if someone only buys $20.00 in goods, they still have to pay 21.85? So 41.85 total?

No, if they have something that weighs say 1 lb it would be cheaper to do parcel, maybe even priority, but with the flat rate they can pack it full up to 20 lbs for Canada, 70 for U.S.

My question is: if you order flat rate boxes and envelopes online is the shipping of the boxes free? I was going to order some earlier and at checkout there was no shipping price, thats all I need is to receive a bill from the post office saying I owe them money LOL

dirtybird - yes, ordering Priority Mail supplies on the USPS site is free including shipping. They send them to you parcel post and it'll take about a week to get them.

No worries on getting a bill for them.

dirtybird - yes, ordering Priority Mail supplies on the USPS site is free including shipping. They send them to you parcel post and it'll take about a week to get them.

No worries on getting a bill for them.

Thanks, I just don't trust my local P.O. I've had to many problems with them, so now I even have all my packages shipped at my husbands work

That is awsome! :yay: Now if Canada Post would get some sort of flat rate shipping we would be laughing.:laugh2:

I agree...we need to get our butts in gear on this side of the border now!! At least the US is willing to help us out with the shipping...i'm thrilled with this news...if I can get 20lbs of oils shipped her for under 22.00, that's quite a savings! I was paying that for 4 lbs LOL

That's great news as most of my supplies come from the US...and the parcels always way around 20 pounds.

I too think Canada post needs to get on board...they are gouging us. Even the small packs are not a great deal anymore...they are if you are mailing something extremely light. In order to ship 1lb to the US it is at least $12 .....grrrrrrrr

Just got this info in an email and i'm thrilled!!!!!! :yay:

USPS now has a flat rate box price for anywhere in Canada for any weight for $21.85 if it's printed online ($23 at PO)

Oh, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but are the flat rate boxes for Global Priority? All US flat rates are Priority and with the new shipping regs many oils cannot ship Priority (it goes by air) because of the flash points. Many US suppliers have changed their policies and will not ship certain oils (or any at all) via Priority if the flash points are too low. I sure hope I'm wrong for your sake!!!!

I agree...we need to get our butts in gear on this side of the border now!! At least the US is willing to help us out with the shipping...i'm thrilled with this news...if I can get 20lbs of oils shipped her for under 22.00, that's quite a savings! I was paying that for 4 lbs LOL

If it's anything like the flat rate Priority, no way are you getting 20 pounds of FO in there. It may hold 20 pounds of say nickels, but not large items.

also with the new rate increases, you can no longer ship parcel post outside of the US. Only priority or express international. To ship priority or express (or flat rate), you use the same boxes for int'l that you do for inside the US. HTH

Okay, so if I read all this right:

FO's can't be shipped priority/express. Priority/express is the only thing that leaves this country, therefore you can no longer ship any FO's anywhere in the world from the US now?