How are these done??????

I wonder if it works much like stamping soap - which not being a soapmaker, also intriques me because I have no idea how that is done so cleanly!

Does anyone here stamp their soap? I think the idea of using leather tools and tapping lightly might work. I am very curious.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also told me that her designs are copyrighted. So....I won't be buying her stamps. I can have some made.......that is if I ever figure out hot to do this. It doesn't look like the candle is heated and then simply pushing on something....that would screw us the finish of the candle. They also look like they are palm wax. I asked but she didn't answer that one. If she figured it out I am sure that one of us will. It's a cool effect that I would love to do. Donita Louise

Ok.bought a couple of rubber stamps and the results are that they will stamp the wax but not to the depth that it looks like hers are. First I heated the stamp with a hair dryer and pressed it into my presto pot wax that had cooled.........the wax wax still warm to touch but solid and those came out nicely. Then I did it without heateing the stamp and that was good too......but, because of the wax being warm. thein I had a cup of wax that had hardend and I warmed the stamp and that worked although not with the depth I wanted.........but, I'm still playing with it!

Actually, there are deep etched rubber stamps on a few websites that may be what is needed. You definately can't use a heat gun on the rubber stamp because it will melt it. But, the hair dryer worked pretty good.

I am getting emails from people and I think some of you didn't click on the link that I provided.....so you don't understand what process I am talking about.....here are some pictures. Donita Louise

post-248-139458427433_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458427435_thumb.jpg

Hmmmmmm.......If you had a rubber stamp made with enough rubber material to wrap around....there could be a seam in the back of the candle.....but it would all pull out at the same time and you would then peel off the rubber and the candle will have the impression. Off to the rubber stamp people to have them do a custom stamp.........I am on a mission :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: Donita Louise

You know. I remember awhile ago seeing rubber inserts made for molds with designs on them that you would insert into the modl and pour the wax and pull it all out in one piece and then peel the rubber off and leave the impression...I know that would work Donita...

Cant wait to see what you come up with...

I'll try to see where I saw those molds...

I found the thread where it was talked about but cant find the gallery picture...I'll keep looking..

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12198&highlight=mold+insert

This is scaring me now, D because one of my helpers suggested we put the name of my business on a candle using a stamp.

Everything I've seen has been to heat the wax until it's soft and then press the stamp into the candle to get the impression. Rubber stamps can be used this way, so can metal.

But it's way scary that we both have been thinking about it, LOL.