** What's in your holiday pot this week/end? **

It's almost the long weekend, and boy am I needing it! Back from 4000 miles of driving and $600 gas (ouch), and I've got 1 day to get ready for Market tomorrow. There's a huge festival this weekend, and they're expecting 10K people. So either we'll be swamped, or we won't have anyone because they're all watching the parade.

Sunday will be major restocking - tooth soap, anise, patchouli, and anything else that pops up as low.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Yeah!!! My favorite thread :yay: .

I'll be working on my swap items all weekend for the Bitter Creek convention next week (nothing like waiting til the last minute). I can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Hi Robin!!! Missed you sweetie!

For me, it's straight wax with color and additive, no scent. Since I've been away from the pot for too long, I'm getting all my techniques done with cheap wax. Everything is getting touched, marbles, rustics, mottles, swirls, chunks for my new candle helpers. Anything and everything!

I'll be making rustic pillars....DragonFire and Tuberose Moss....it will be interesting to see what my house smells like with these two scents cooking at the same time:confused:

Ew! You're right -- doesn't exactly sound like a winning scent combo! LOL

Pouring creme brulee soy candles and sweet lime & basil paraffin containers.

Soaping jasmine and vanilla bean.

Pouring Fudge Brownie and mint eo lip balms.

Sounds like people are going to have a fun weekend!

Vacation was nice. 2 days in the Ozarks - driving around all the twisty roads and taking the ferry across one of the huge lakes (Bull Shoals). Weather was perfect everywhere, except for a 10 minute blizzard in Wyoming outside of Green River. Hotels were nice - most were the Holiday Inn Express'. Stayed in Twin Falls ID, Limon CO, Madison WI, Spearfish SD, then back to Twin Falls, and home.

Family reunion was fun - my uncle is a Pearl Harbor survivor, and was one of the first guys to actually see the first bomb that was dropped. His stories of that day are sobering and amazing.

Lowlights - the water mocassin and copperhead snakes we saw in Missouri :) A little too close for comfort. Getting a cold at the family reunion. Otherwise it was a perfect trip. Gas ranged from 3.09 in Wyoming to 3.50 in Oregon. Mostly it was around 3.30 I think.

DragonFire and Tuberose Moss eh? hmm...... :)

Maybe I'll get to pour if I'm lucky. We just spent a week taking everything out of my shop and redoing the whole place, and now I'm trying fit everything back in that was there before. I am reorganizing as I reload and truly don't know how I had all that stuff in there before, but it sure does look better and will be more functional if I ever get through. Sandi

OK, yesterday I got one batch of soap made (Spiced Honey, actually--that was on my mental list, just not in my post. LOL) Got the Creme Brulee candles poured.

Now I'm home from market and have six more candle scents to pour, 'cos I sold a TRUCKLOAD of candles today. Nice cool weather to thank for that, I imagine! :yay: