Just Scent is AWESOME!!

camoflauge

ok, sorry for "shouting" but i'm just so excited. I got my very first order from Just Scent. I had gotten carmel cinnamon latte and cranberry orange off the classifieds some time back and absolutely loved both of them. tried a few other places that had peaked my interest. nothing even came close. so, i picked 4 scents in 16 oz bottles and a 10 pk 1 oz sample set. But, to my delight there are 4 extra sample bottles. is this norm? or is this just because it's my first order? Everything i got smells great oob-can't wait to get them in wax/or b&b...

Here's what i got:

big ones

carmel cinnamon latte-already knew i loved that one

cranberry orange-already knew i loved that one too and had friends etc. that fell in love with it too.

baby powder-took a leap of faith and i'm glad i did-it's a true baby powder scent.

cinnamon roll with vanilla cream frosting - leap of faith also-i had cinnamon buns? i think and it was ok, but i thought this one would be better & boy was i right.

ok, so these are the samples including the free ones:

free-plum crazee-yum-could drink the bottle

banana wafer pudding-i didn't think banana scents would smell so good, but this one does

glamour gal-this one is described as "Feminine, sweet, glamorous and fabulous! This ultra chic scent will having you coming back for more! Pomegranate, hints of apple, strawberry, passion fruit and even lighter hints of musk with sweet creamy vanilla all mingle together flirting with each other to give you the GLAM in glamour Girl." and i cant wait to get this into my lotion-it screams fruity, yet sophisticated.

cinnamon crunch cake-i didn't even think about ordering this one-but yummy!!!

here's the ones i ordered:

Twinkies-a little "light" oob, but smells awesome, im sure scent will blossom in lotion, etc.

choc. chip cookie dough-had tried others but this is the truest scent ive found so far

frost bite-this is a white chocolate and mint... i love that combo and could drink the bottle

fabulous fudge-very true scent also, smells like when you're making xmas fudge... yum

coconut milk & lavender-somewhat light oob, but am looking to see what this does in lotion as i have a cousin who loves both lavender and coconut-and it sounded interesting.

pumpkin pie spice-will be testing these in soy wax and if it smells as good in candles/tarts will be purchasing the big size-i love pumpkin pie and this smells as if i had just baked one.

toffee machiatto-this is like an espresso with carmel and cream... yummy!!

Diva- Select cuts of oranges, pineapple, banana, passion fruit, strawberries, cranberries, with whispers of pink grapefruit, sugar crystals, a splash of lemon and lime and viola – you have a mix fit for any DIVA- i can't wait to try this in something cause omg it smells awesome oob..

carmel apple-very true scent also, makes me hungry for carmeled apples!!!

and last but not least is ambra de Napal type-which is described as a rich amber fragrance with notes of cardamon and sweet, creamy Madagascar vanilla; celestial amber laced with robust cardamom and creamy, full-bodied vanilla. An invitingly voluptuous and seductive aroma. I have a relative that keeps asking for amber stuff and i just wasn't sure i'd like that kind of scent, but this one does have a seductive feeling oob.

Has anyone else tried any of these in lotion or soy? i'm hoping they all smell as good in my products as they do oob-or better because let's just say i'm impressed with all of the items i ordered-and with the ones i got free. if they do that for every order they will have more of my business-i'm sometimes afraid to take a chance on ordering scents, but with the free one, i thinkk you get scents you may not have thought of trying.

I definately plan on ordering more again as soon as the finances allow!!!

i don't usually plug a supplier, but in this case it is well deserved!!!!! plus, their 1 oz samples are on sale for $15.95 for 10 bottles. and you can order any oils-even the expensive ones...

hth anyone looking for a great fragrance oil supplier with great customer service!!!

Heather

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The samples are the norm for Becky. She's great. I just poured her lychee fruit, ice crystals, cinnamon cider & princess. I'm a little behind on new testing but I do what I can when I can. I've got an order coming in Wed. with tons of the new stuff.

The twinkies in JS50/50 wax is awesome! Not light at all.

You must try her sweet orange & pomegrante and Romeo & Juliet. They are two of the best.

If the lychee fruit is 1/2 as good burning as it is cold I'll be one happy camper.

Next time you order put which 3 samples you'd like in the remarks section of the order and she'll do whatever possible to see you get those.

Added: try the Amber Desires...it's very sexy & sultry!!

thanks for the advice, i'm thinking of getting another sample order. wow, i've been missing out, that's for sure!!!!! glad i decided to order from Just Scents. I didn't even know about the free samples, so didn't even know you could request certain ones.

i will put those oils on my list-along with a million more-it's so hard to pick just more to order.... i'd try everything if i could afford to!!!

Heather

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! Most of my oils are from them and now she keeps adding supplies. Hopefully she'll become a supplier for everything....fingers are crossed :grin2: I always enjoy he free samples, but the customer service is GREAT and the oils are fantastic! I haven't found a scent from her I don't like and I use pure soy. My ULTIMATE fav. and biggest seller is the white cake.

I love the Ambra de Nepal. The more I burned it, the more enamoured I became with the scent. Sold out of it at the first show I had it so not the only one that likes that scent. Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, Mojito cocktail, Cin Roll w/frosting, Ban Nut Bread are all good sellers for me. The caramel cin latte is another that sells out at the shows.. awsome scent.

I'm gradually making JS my main supplier. Love the free samples.. makes testing easier on the pocketbook. I have yet to get a bad oil.. most throw well, then others run you out of the house. Customer service is awsome and I get my order almost the next day.

I think I must be the only one who cant get JS to throw...it seems that all the ones I have tried did not work for me in Soy...:cry2: They have such great sounding oils I want to use them but so far no good!

I think I must be the only one who cant get JS to throw...it seems that all the ones I have tried did not work for me in Soy...:cry2: They have such great sounding oils I want to use them but so far no good!

Believe me, you're not the only one. They don't work in my parasoy blend, either. At least not good enough for me to sell and not what I'm used to with other suppliers. I even went up to 9% trying to get them to work. Nada. And I tested a BUNCH!

I wish I had all the wax and wicks back that I wasted.

Believe me, you're not the only one. They don't work in my parasoy blend, either. At least not good enough for me to sell and not what I'm used to with other suppliers. I even went up to 9% trying to get them to work. Nada. And I tested a BUNCH!

I tested several of their oils when I first started and the only one that I got a hot throw from in CB135 was Vanilla Buttercream Crunch.

OH come on Sliver you and I both know you didn't test all that much. At least that's not what you've always said on your board. And most of the stuff was free samples she sent you anyway so you weren't out much. Plus we know you've just got to complain about JS...with your personal vendetta against her! Sheeze Louise...go back to your own board where you fit in!

They are great, I love JS, too. I have been burning her summer splash today and it is FABULOUS :drool: :drool:

I have to agree.......Summer Splash is awesome! It is one of my favorite

scents. She threw it in as a sample.......I didn't even choose it, but I absolutely love it. Her Hawaiian white ginger is another great one.

i want to order more!!:P but i think hubby would kill me!!!

i may just get 2 more sample packs which wouldn't be too bad since they are still on sale for $15.95 for 10 of them. which would be about $40 with the shipping.

i'd better start making some $$ instead of spending it!! one thing i really enjoy is being able to make scented products that you may not find at b&b type places-because they have to pour 100's or 1000's to make it worthwhile. whereas us "small potatoes" can do one at a time.

now, to narrow it down to 20 more to try... i can't stop at just 10.... i'm addicted. guess i need to attend the 12 step addiction program. i can't help it. i'm in love with all the scents. i think i still have 48 of them on my list (not counting the 10 samples i already got, the 4 free ones, and the 4 big size ones)

hmmmm... off to ponder which ones are can't live without-well all of them-but which ones to make sure i order.

wish i would have tried them sooner. i wasted $ on fo's that were ok, but nothing special, but these oils are "wow, i can't wait to test that one in wax, b&b, etc."

i'll search through past posts and see if i can find any must haves, but for anyone else reading this, let me know what your must haves are.

I use soy from BCN and i haven't had any problem getting most any oil to throw hot or cold. usually it's just the fact that i don't like that particular scent, but customers might. i'm not a floral person-i'm allergic to many types of flowers and even the fo's of the flower scents cause me to get stuffed up, allergy eyes, etc. why, i don't know.... i've had a few "light" scents but i think they are ones that are meant to be light as they smelled that way oob...

:tiptoe: off to make my list without hubby knowing.... hehehe.

Heather

OH come on Sliver you and I both know you didn't test all that much. At least that's not what you've always said on your board. And most of the stuff was free samples she sent you anyway so you weren't out much. Plus we know you've just got to complain about JS...with your personal vendetta against her! Sheeze Louise...go back to your own board where you fit in!

I don't think that was called for! Just trying to stir the pot huh? :rolleyes2

I have tried quite a few of JS's oils, and they are hit and miss, more misses than hits unfortunately, cuz Becky has awesome prices, and I've always gotten my orders fast and love love love the free samples she always gives.

I've gotten some really stinky ones from there also, some where I just couldn't even bring myself to put them in wax, even though others raved about the FO, and said that it would blossom in wax-- no way no how could I get around the OOB smell! LOL

A couple I use on a reg. basis in IGI 4630:

Silky V Vanilla (I have a customer that buys this 4 candles at a time, and buys it in my B&B products all the time also)

Cherish (people say this is light but it throws great for me).

Caramel Cinnamon Latte is stroooong also

And most everyone raves about the Chestnuts and brown sugar.

I use quite a few of JS's oils but I've had several not throw for me too. I think it's like that with any supplier though, as I've tested other "raves" from different suppliers and had opposite results than the posters here.

Some of the ones I love are (besides those already posted):

Sea Mist

Coconut Lime Verbena

Orange Chiffon Cake

Serendipity

Hyacinth Chula Orchid

here ya go www.justscent.com

i must be lucky because everything i've ordered that i've had a chance to put into wax has thrown well. now, keep in mind i don't do anything with wicks whatsover. i do mostly tarts-will start doing some wickless jars-which will hopefully throw as well as the tarts do.... lotions-every once in a while i have a great scent that throws lightly in the lotion at first-but if i let it sit for a few days the scent does come back.

i will however say, that when doing the wax dipped bears-something changes with a few scents-like pink sugar. not even sure where i ordered the scent, but oob was awesome, on the bear-smelled horrible!!! same with the "lick me all over" scent. and peach jam cheesecake from daystar sucked on the bears and for me sucked in everything i tried. which was a shame because oob it smelled good enough to eat.

i think everyone's noses picks up different scents, and the "undertones, base, etc." in the scent-must be why there are a million different scents and the fact that there isn't just 1 supplier-and you can order the same scent from 2 different companies and they can be totally different!!

man, i'm not sure how i'm going to whittle down my list with all these reviews!! eenie, meanie, minie moe, catch a tiger by his tail... lol!!!

Heather

I had good great luck in my soy with the Effervescent Fizzy Pops, Vanilla Grapefruit and Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch. Unfortunately, non sold well for me so I discontinued them. Bummer too since I really liked the EFP - you can actually smell the fizz!!

ok, for those of you "users" of Just Scent, i read the differences on their website of buttercream frosting, silky "v" vanilla and vanilla buttercream crunch. if you HAD to pick just one, which would you pick?

and the lavenders-how strong and true is her lavender? most i've tried smell pretty "fake" but so far her oils have been awesome as far as "right on" for the smell. -i thought about lavender vanilla but thing i will just experiment mixing with a vanilla scent.

i've got about 42 on my wish list-can order 20-if i don't tell my hubby!! lol at least i'm not at the bar drinking, or spending my $$ on cigarretes. so, i can justify spending $$ on my candles/b&b stuff, right? thought so.

btw, are there any "tini" reccommendations that i just can't live without-well, i already know i can't live without any of them they are so awesome, but can't afford to order 1 of each oil she has...

will put 3 on my "wish list" for the samples so that will help.

thanks. Heather

I like the Silky V vanilla, it's a pretty straight forward vanilla.

The vanilla buttercream crunch is more of a cakey smell with a nutty undertone. I haven't used the buttercream frosting so can't comment on that one.

thanks michi, sounds like it's between the buttercream and the silky "v" vanilla then...

not looking for a cakey smell, i got the cinnamon crunch cake and i love that, but don't need too many similar scents/

Heather