Kids' Halloween embedded soaps

maryann

Hi, just lurking again - I love looking at all of the cool soaps you guys make! I don't know if these would be the same thing or not but I got the new Oriental Trading catalog today and they have tons of rubber duckies in there! I saw Pirate ones, Bride and Groom, Camo Fatigue Duckies, all kinds! If they would work in soaps - I know you guys could make them look really cool! :D

Teresa

That's where I got them Teresa ;)

"candlemakingkid- I love your stuff. I pm'd you. Chris"

I didn't get your pm (I think you were talking to me:yes:)

I tried to pm you again. I think I got it. But I asked where did you get your mold. No one can give me any clear direction on if their mold will fit the oriental ducks or not. I really don't want to order a mold then get the ducks and it not be the right size mold. :confused:

Thanks,

Chris

I got it and pm'd you. Had a few people ask so here is what I sent them:

Hopefully this attachment will work (if not let me know)http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2374. Look at the 2nd pic and behind the soap you will see the mold. I bought it at Walmart discounted/discontinued for $5 (knowing that when I started soaps this is what it would be used for- as I had held onto the duckie in water recipe for awhile before I tried it.) This is one of those baking cupcake silicone molds, you I'm sure can still get them at most stores definately at speciality bakeware stores. It comes out soooooo easy from this mold that's why the sides are so smooth.

The ducks in the attachment are from the Dollar Tree. The recent Halloween duckies are from Oriential Trade, they have a gazillion differ types at great prices. Alot of suppliers have the same ones and charging alot more. HTH :)

Those are cute too! I didn't realize those were Oriental Ducks - sorry! The halloween duckies weren't in this latest catalog and I remembered seeing them at somebody's soap/candle supply site? Can't remember where?

If you order lots and lots of duckies to sell in soaps, be sure to check out Fun Express. You may already know about them - same company as Oriental but they are true wholesale and give quantity discounts. I used them alot when I had my party favor business but I can't remember if they required a tax id or not?

Your duckie soaps are the coolest!

Teresa

THANKS for that info, ALWAYS looking for better prices. :)

You're more than welcome! Glad I could help :D Being brand new to all of this - it is a rare occasion when I can offer anything in return for all of the wonderful advice!

Glad I could help with what my hubby calls "ADP" - Additional Dealer Profit :wink2:

Teresa