Is it possible to go bonkers over soap?

Candybee

Has this ever happened to anyone? I cut off a piece of soap from a loaf soap I made to try it out. Ever since I have been washing my hands with it every five minutes!!

I'm serious! I keep going to the sink to use that piece of soap. In 2 days I have whittled it down to a sliver and still keep washing with it. I must need help!:rolleyes2

Its just a simple M&P with added honey, cocoa butter, and oatmeal. I was experimenting with a new recipe and figured it would turn out to be a piece of krap. Instead, it turned out to be my favorite soap!

BTW-- I used ground spices including cinnamon. It was in the recipe. What I did learn was you shouldn't use the quick oatmeal. Have to go to the health food store now for some bulk whole rolled oats. Can't wait to make another batch!!

Gotta go back to the sink now... to wash my hands!!:yay::laugh2: :laugh2:

Um YEA. Check yourself in, honey; we've got plenty of room here in the loony bin... where you can check in but you can never check out...

And you think the addiction is bad NOW!??? Wait till you get into CP soaping...

Um YEA. Check yourself in, honey; we've got plenty of room here in the loony bin... where you can check in but you can never check out...

And you think the addiction is bad NOW!??? Wait till you get into CP soaping...

Please don't tell me that! I am just now veering in that directions.. as obsessed as I am about M&P.. I can only imagine what CP is going to be like.. I started out with candles and now look where I am ....

Yep, it happens all the time. So sad 'cause there is no cure for us :cry2:

When you take several bars in the shower w/ you and use each one on a different body part, that's when you'll get your "certified" stamp. I got mine a couple of months ago :grin2:

For me, another thing is the fact that I made it. ME! :yay:

I'm trying so hard to put away all those test balls of soap. I shower with a different one everyday and then I have small bottles of LS in the shower and then there's the lotion I use on one leg and one arm and test my soap with and without lotion on various body parts...ah it's crazy around here. I have a dish overflowing with soap in the kitchen..just crazy. But when I look around and see only my products in the bathroom:grin2: ...I don't feel so crazy anymore...I feels quite good about that!:yay:

only thing I would do different is to avoid cinnamon in M&P soap...there are only a handful of oils that have cinnamon type oil in them that are soap safe so I'm not sure about adding straight cinnamon...someone could get a burn from it...I don't even use an oil that's got cinnamon in it that says it's bath and body safe...too risky IMO

I'm not using a cinnamon oil. I know about being careful about using cinnamon oils. I used only fresh ground cinnamon-- less than 1/8 tsp per lb of soap. Recipe comes from a M&P recipe book loaded with some really great recipes. This one is a winner!

Gotta try it with goat's milk.

I guess I am in the club cause I have about 5-6 soap bars in my shower and a bowl of assorted soaps in my kitchen. I like to use different soaps everyday.

Ooo, yas. Hands? Heck, try multiple washing in the shower. This one's for the face, this one's the overall bod, go back and do the upper again with this one, and for dessert . . .

We all know where the phrase "Good clean fun" really comes from!

Yes, once you try "from scratch" soap, then's when the addiction gets really out of hand. Don't fight it, Just Soap!

I have many addictions:

Soap Slut~and the associated FOHO

Yarn Freak

Fabric Ho

Bead Whore

It's all good:p

Yes, once you try "from scratch" soap, then's when the addiction gets really out of hand. Don't fight it, Just Soap!

I have many addictions:

Soap Slut~and the associated FOHO

Yarn Freak

Fabric Ho

Bead Whore

It's all good:p

Soap slut! Oh, I love it!:laugh2:

Some of you are using a different soap for each part of your body??!! LMAO:laugh2: :laugh2:

Now THAT is beyond beyondo!!! I think that may be in the nether regions of 'basketcase'.

Come to think of it... why haven't I tried that yet? Hmmm....