frosted pillar

I had a boring lime green 4x3 pillar in my shop scented in coconut lime verbena and i wanted to jazz it up a bit so i put on some of my deco beads and glass glitter. The deco beads are in lime green and the glass glitter is your basic green. I'm planning on making a lot of these for the holidays in holiday colors. This looks much better in person.

I coated the area i wanted to cover in a thin layer of tacky wax. Just rubbed it on with my finger tip. After that i put the pillar in a plastic tub and put about a teaspoon of tiny deco beads on it and just kept pressing them on. Pick a few up and sprinkle them on and press. Then i added a tiny bit of the glass glitter and pressed that all around a little here and there. When it was done i sprayed it with clear candle glaze and let it dry. They don't fall off once you've sprayed it. I tested it out already on votives and small pillars.

the maker of these glass no hole beads and glass glitter told me that glass has a MP of 200 degrees F. There is no way a candle will get hot enough to harm the glass. I ordered several pounds in all sorts of colors so i can get an early start on the holidays this year.

i got the idea from one of my suppliers. They wanted me to buy frosted candles for my store but after seeing the photos i realized i can make them myself for less than their wholesaler price to me. So :tongue2: on that!! I'm making these myself lol.

I like your candle. I love to figure out ways to change the look of a candle, particularly one that might have a flawed surface.....it's like me putting on make up.....a whole new look:wink2: Donita Louise

Groovy Chic does some fun things with candles too.