Da Bomb Bubble Bombs..

I posted the recipe for these a few days ago. I made 37 of them today with great success. I really encourage you to try them if you have had a problems making them. I have added 1/2 tsp of water to the recipe which has helped to minimize having to spritz with as much witch hazel. You will notice the extra cornstarch on them. Once these dry ( to rock hard) you can just brush it off. These all just came out of the molds. I brush them and smoothe the edges and they are nice and round. I have decided to only use cocoa butter exclusively and a generous amount of cornstarch in the mold along with vigorous tapping has helped these release perfectly. I had 1 seperate out of 37. It unmolded the second try.. I hope this helps encourage the bath bomb challenged! This is only my third time ever making them.. The first pic is of all three batches. Eucalyptus Spearmint, Philosophy Pure Grace, and Citrus Cream. Second is all the bombs I made today. Third is the Eucalyptus Spearmint (absolutely fantastic!) Thanks to EVERYONE that helped with their suggestions and for those that shared their failures.. It helps newbies like me strive to create a recipe that will work! Thanks for looking!

post-3639-139458425196_thumb.jpg

post-3639-139458425198_thumb.jpg

post-3639-139458425199_thumb.jpg

Looking just PERFECT, I love love love, did I mention LOVE bath bombs? :drool:

You did great on those, Teri. I used to be a huge Lush/Sephora junkie.

All things bath related. To know then what I know now, oh the pain. LMAO!

When these babies dry.. I would love to send one to you if you would give it a try? The Eucalyptis Spearmint smells divine. I could use some feedback from a true bath bomb lover.. pm it to me and I will ship it off when it dries.

Teri

Boy you're just a demanding one aren't you?

You aren't kidding!

FG - your balls look good. I love the flower on them - it really classes them up.

Mystical - darn it you should have joined the Bath bomb swap. Then you could have had a load of balls. Plus, I would have sent you some extra ones - made with mango butter. Gotta love that mango butter.:wink2:

You aren't kidding!

FG - your balls look good. I love the flower on them - it really classes them up.

Mystical - darn it you should have joined the Bath bomb swap. Then you could have had a load of balls. Plus, I would have sent you some extra ones - made with mango butter. Gotta love that mango butter.:wink2:

Yes, don't we love da Mango? ;)

I was going to participate in that swap. But at the time, I was so busy and quite frankly, whipped from the butter Co-op. I've recovered since then, but I am permanently scarred for life. LMAO!!

These sound wonderful! I'm going to try making them myself - I've gotten bath fizzies from Lush, Fantasy Bath, and a couple of other e-tailers, and I'm interested to see if I can go them one better. :D

Just one more suggestion.. tap out the excess corn starch.. it tends to leave little dents or pits on the bath bombs.. they are a huge hit with those that have tested so far. I got a huge tub full of bubbles. I have a large jacuzzi tub. When I turned on the jets.. the bubbles were overflowing! LOL