Pour Temps for El Millenium

I am in the testing stage with EL Millenium so my testing may not count lol.

I just poured this wax (wax/wick only, no FO's or additives) into 3 different jars (apothecary 8 oz) at 3 different temps and they all turned out BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely no frosting, no wet spots and very smooth, gorgeous tops.

All 3 temps were 130, 160, 170.

My first test batch I poured at 100* thinking I had to do this to get great looking candles but apparently the higher temp pours worked just as amazing!

This will save me ton's of time waiting for the wax to cool down to 100 before having to pour it LOL

(Keeping my fingers crossed when I figure out which wick will work with this wax that it has an amazing HT as well)

That's what I was thinking. Even though the thread is old, I'd like to know. Going to look up her site. Too late, she's out of business.

Guess we don't need to know then. In general tho, I people claim the have an answer to a problem and then do post it, I don't understand that. If one doesn't want to share, that's fine but don't run our noses in it. (Comments are NOT directed at any particular individual, just my own thoughts on the matter).

I agree.

Guess we don't need to know then. In general tho, I people claim the have an answer to a problem and then do post it, I don't understand that. If one doesn't want to share, that's fine but don't run our noses in it. (Comments are NOT directed at any particular individual, just my own thoughts on the matter).

Can ya email me? Just kiddin! I think Aimee81 has the questions. Do you sell samples? I'll look on your website.

Love your site & answered my own question!

If you are looking for EL millenium wax, I sell it and I might be able to answer some of your questions.
Edited by ChandlerWicks

I use EL Millennium. I'm pretty open about stuff. What's the issue? I use color, have minimal frosting, and get smooth tops upon a proper pour with heavy dye and full FO load at between 95-110*F. Minimal wet spots on flat sided jars; rare on the square masons. Rich/heavy spicy scents with dark dye seem to show more frosting...hard to tell on a dye free candle/melt. Anything else I can help with? Lorrie sells this stuff, and is a major information anthology on the EL products, as well as all my other crazy crafty/science questions. I highly recommend her as a mentor and as one of the most dependable suppliers around.

Edited by B@BlissStreet

Wet spots are largely caused by environmental conditions. Half were exposed to some difference in temperature, draft, etc. and half were not.

Here's a link to the Enchanted Lites website regarding pouring instructions for their wax - HTH:

http://www.enchanted-lites.com/Start_making_candles.htm

Melt point = 125 degrees F

Flashpoint = 500 degrees F

Pouring using millennium blend soy wax:

• Heat soy wax to 175 degrees F
  • Remove from heat source
  • Add fragrance and dye
  • Stir while cooling
  • Pour into wicked container at 105/115 degrees F

CAUTION - Do not keep in liquid form above 150 degrees F for extended periods of time, as this will burn the wax (give it a yellow appearance).

Millennium Blend Soy Wax

And their troubleshooting guide:

http://www.enchanted-lites.com/5a1.htm

EL Millenium was the first wax I ever tried- from candle soylutions. I remember good tops but i couldnt get hot throw- alot of it I am sure is how VERY green I was and I used ECO wicks and "their" soy based FO's.

How does it compare to 415 in hot throw? I do remember the votive blend being a great thrower....i am not sure why i switched that other than shipping from soylutions was insane!

Stella, that is just so strange how that works out lol. To my knowledge nothing changed in the room temp, pouring temps all the same and everything else that was recommended for the wax but oh well. I don't mind wet spots at all and have not had a customer complain. I just saw a bunch of Yankee candles at Macy's the other day with ton's of wet spots lol.

I am testing some EL Container wax jars right now to find a good wick and then go from there to figure out what percent of FO will get me the best HT. It was hard to wait for 7 day cure too :)