Candlescience Starbust Palm Pillar test results

jakalex

Here is a Starburst Wax 3"X6" Palm Pillar I made and my burn results.

WAX~Starburst Palm Pillar Wax

WICK~CSN 14...will probably try a CSN 12 next for those power burners! LOL!

These are all 3-4 hour burns. In the later burns the shell begins to melt down. I did not break off any on the sides...this is the way it burned.

DSC00945.jpg?t=1176731657

DSC00951.jpg?t=1176731715

DSC00955.jpg?t=1176731814

DSC01041.jpg?t=1176731854

DSC01175.jpg?t=1176731889

DSC01174.jpg?t=1176731922

That's the nature of the beast.

I have a customer who buys only my palm wax pillars and she's satisfied with how it burns. I think once you manage to have a wick that doesn't cause leaking and get a good melt pool you have a nice burning palm pillar.

Those burn results is why I only make Palm Wax Pillars as an Everlasting. That wax is just to brittle and to hard to wick to get a decent burn.

I thought the burn was excellent for a palm pillar and especially for my first try! At first I thought it was going to tunnel all the way down but it caught up so I do not see a problem with the way it burned.

In my opinion with the CSN wicks they will not be difficult to wick. As stated before I will probably go down to a CSN 12 so that I can burn it for 4- 5 hours without a blowout.

I agree with Cybersix it is the nature of the wax and some people really like it. I was very impressed with the scent throw and the burn.

Hi Lisa,

So you like the palm wax too!! I saw it on CS. Thanks for posting your results. I want to try it someday. What fo did you use?

They look good. :thumbsup: Nice color.

Janet

Thanks! Yes I was very impressed with it! I used a scent mix of mine called Party Punch~Lime Cooler, Orange and Pineapple. It is yummy!

Looks good Lisa! I haven't tried my starburst wax yet. But you inspire me girl. I am assuming you have to underwick with a little more hang up by the way that particular wax burns.

Yes you do need to under wick. I think the CSN 12 will do great and I will be able to burn it longer.

Thanks for sharing the info with us. I think that's not a bad burn either. I placed an order yesterday with CS for their wax (shipping was cheaper to KS than it was from TX to KS, go figure that!) and their new wicks. Can't wait to try them.

Great job, and thanks again for sharing your results. Helps us all learn!

Sandra

I thought the burn was excellent for a palm pillar and especially for my first try! At first I thought it was going to tunnel all the way down but it caught up so I do not see a problem with the way it burned.

In my opinion with the CSN wicks they will not be difficult to wick. As stated before I will probably go down to a CSN 12 so that I can burn it for 4- 5 hours without a blowout.

I agree with Cybersix it is the nature of the wax and some people really like it. I was very impressed with the scent throw and the burn.

I think it was a good burn to. I know a lot of people that LIKE the way palms burn.

Thank you for sharing your results. It is so fun to see new products. It feeds the addiction:D