Leftover Wax

About once a year I round up all my bits of left over wax and make fuglies for the Salvation Army or other charity shops. I can't bare the thought of throwing it in the landfill. And this way they get a couple of $ for each candle. Folks aren't picky about style or colour when they are shopping at the charity stores. It is a win/win situation and I just spend one day to do this. HTH

Janette

I make tealights with any good leftovers. If the wax is left over from melting down old candles, I wick a metal bucket with citronella wick (you can use large cans too), and keep pouring in the leftovers until the bucket is full, then use it outside in the summer.

How about pouring it in 1 or 2 oz solo cups that come with a lid. You can put a label on it and use it as a "sniffie" so you can take to potential customers and let them "sniff" the samples to see what they like.

I have been trying to make a sniffie of each candle I am making and once I have one for that scent I make tarts or chunks with it.

I have also heard an idea of pouring the left over wax in a small cello bag as well to use for sniffies.

I use to save each bit and use with the next batch of the same scent. But I kept forgetting to check each time I started a new batch to see if there was any leftover from the previous batch. Now I just set up an extra container (pre-wicked) to pour the leftover into. When the container fills up after several batches, then I have a layered candle for myself to use.

I use leftover container wax to make tealights. I have five pouring pots, so when I start running out of pots from making pillars and votives, I make a layered 3" ball to use for myself. Since I make candles, people are always giving me empty jars; some from my candles, some from store bought candles. Anyway I keep one or two of these wicked and ready. That way, if I need a pot in hurry and don't have enough for a ball or if I don't have time to get a bunch of tealights ready to pour, I just pour the leftover into that container. It usually contains all kinds of different wax types. Nothing that I could sell. I give them to husband to burn in his shop, I give them to my mother, I burn them myself. So much better than throwing the wax away like I used to.

I always seem to have just enough to make a large votive.....I put them away for when I am entertaining or a power outage. One time the electric company came out to check the transformer in my yard and asked me how come I had power and no one else did.....(smile)........the entire house was lit so it looked like there were lights on through out. Donita Louise