Intensely moisterizing body butter

Once you put it on it does, but in about 5-10 mins. it will absorb into the skin and leave a nice sheen to your skin. Remember a little goes a long way. I have made two different lotion bars and no matter what it goes on oily but it absorbs quickly. I don't mind unless I am driving or trying to open the door.

I made some last night threw in some glycerin and it gave it a nice glide, was still greasy(just for a minute or two, it soaked right in). I just ordered some IPM to try hopefully that will be the missing link for me, lol.

ETA: Scratch the glycerin, I just read that it won't dissolve in oils, does that mean that the butter I made has a big glob of glycerin sitting there?

The tutorial for Whipped Shea Butter in Snowdrift Farm states that the glycerin works because it's in low amounts, and the natrasorb recommended in the recipe helps to stabilize it; high amounts would separate. Never tried it myself though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently made a concoction called Whipped Shea Souffle Foot Butter. I really use it on my whole body... lol... I scented it in Coco Mango FO... and it's just DIVINE. I want to eat it. lol I used Shea butter, a small amount of melted coco butter, cornstarch (you can use Natrasorb too), and Hemp Oil. I whipped that baby up... and it was awesome... at first!! After setting up... it wasn't a souffle anymore..lol... it was kinda hard... due to the cocoa butter. So I whipped that baby up again... added a little bit of Avocado Oil... and it was good... then...lol... it was too oily. LOL I whipped that baby up again..lol... added more cornstarch... then added cyclo.... then whipped and whipped and whipped and whipped....... and now... my Whipped Shea Souffle is da bomb!!! LOL Stayed whipped... very light... and the cyclo really helped with the greasiness. It's greasy when you first put it on... then it soaks in wonderfully... leaving a nice sheen on your skin. The point I'm trying to make is..... ROTF LMAO... cyclo will help cut some of the greasiness.

God... I'm such a nerd. LOL

• 3 months later...

I have a body butter that I make using shea butter, rice bran oil and almond oil. I had to heat the shea butter since everything else was liquid (it was winter) but after adding a FO, everything was perfect.

• 1 month later...
I love the emulsified butters. They are not greasy and do not separate. I have stopped making straight butters completely. There are some recipes in the recipe section.

e

i am with you on this one. for me my butters, tend to separate after time especially during the hot months/