Peaks Key Lime

Mnhorsemom

I cp'd Peaks Key Lime the other day and does it ever smell wonderful. It behaved very nicely, and so far it has not turned a funky yellow color. CareBear, don't know what I did but it's still a pretty creamy color with a light green swirl hope it stays that way!! I want to try it in soy, anyone have any opinions on it. I hope since it's a citrus I don't get a fuel smell.

I cp'd Peaks Key Lime the other day and does it ever smell wonderful. It behaved very nicely, and so far it has not turned a funky yellow color. CareBear, don't know what I did but it's still a pretty creamy color with a light green swirl hope it stays that way!! I want to try it in soy, anyone have any opinions on it. I hope since it's a citrus I don't get a fuel smell.

I have some that I use in EcoSoya. To be honest, it isn't the nicest lime I've ever smelt - it just smells a bit weird. You can smell the lime, but it also has a "burning plastic" sort of after-scent, as well as a chemical/rubber base note. It just doesn't seem "Fresh & Juicy" to me. I like my citrus scents to smell fresh and clean, and this smells more like washing up liquid!

I use Ecosoya CB-Advanced - and the absolutely best Key Lime Pie I have ever used is from BCN. It is to die for...and works like a charm in the Adv. It's as strong as Creme Brulee - and is right on the button. I'm in Florida - and Key Lime Pie is a biggie down here. It's expensive - but oh so worth it. BCN discontinued it for a while - but brought it back because so many people begged for it - including me.

I'm glad your turned out creamy! Now I have to look back and see what I did to make mine so "interesting". If I recall, it turned that color right in the bowl before it even got into the mold! Or maybe I'll just need to get more and try again....

(Those of you who got a bar of mine in the Lemon Lime Lovers swap (gee, was that CT?) will see what I meant about the color!)

I got a sample of Lime Cooler from Candlescience and I wasn't that crazy about it OOB. I even thought maybe I'd scent my homemade kitchen cleaner with it :rolleyes2 but I tried it in a candle that I needed to test burn and to me it smells EXACTLY like fresh key limes. Not the pie - just straight key lime juice itself. Very clean and summery!

I got a sample of Lime Cooler from Candlescience and I wasn't that crazy about it OOB. I even thought maybe I'd scent my homemade kitchen cleaner with it :rolleyes2 but I tried it in a candle that I needed to test burn and to me it smells EXACTLY like fresh key limes. Not the pie - just straight key lime juice itself. Very clean and summery!

I have not tried the lime cooler from CS straight but I use it mixed with orange and pineapple and call it party punch. It is awesome and the lime is the dominant scent. Yummy!

I second BCN key lime pie...its awesome in soy! More expensive, but dang, its that good! Super strong and you smell all the parts of the pie...graham cracker crust, key lime middle, and the whipped topping......but this is of course the pie scent...if you are looking for a straight key lime, then no this one wouldn't be that....to much 'pie' smell!! JMO! HTH