Yeah, okay, so I'm going to need you people to

give me a kick in the pants. Even after my extreme disgust with the way my colored soys are turning out, and even after I decided to hell with the dye, and to leave my candles uncolored, I STILL try to color these babies. And I want to quit every. single. time.

So...can I get a resounding, "STOP COLORING YOUR CANDLES!" please?

Spank you very much. :cool2:

You mean soy candles don't take color??!! :shocked2:

I'm in the process of testing wicks for a 100% soy/veg blend from Calwax. Haven't gotten to the color part yet but wasn't expecting any problems there. Should I be??

I currently use Bittercreeks liquid dyes for my J223 and was just planning on using them in the soy too.

Any suggestion would be so appreciated -

Thanks!

VickiB in CA

FREEZE!!!!!!!!!!

put down the dye!

Put your hands where I can see them

now I want you to step backwards

towards me

Slowly!!!!!

You know ma'am, I didn't want to have to do this but I just may have to throw ya in the slammer. Would a night in a cell at the DYE POLICE headquaters cure you of this desire to mess with the dye!

OMG, LMAO!!!!! :P

Just what I needed, you people are cracking me up! Thank you so much!

VickiB - Soy technically takes color, but it when you do color, it shows every bit of frosting that soy tends toward...so due to our continuous 100+ weather here in South Tx, I give up.

daniedb, Maybe you need to change the wax your using, I'm in Arkansas, I color my candles, I use KY pure soy with Peak's UV, I found it helps alot with the frosting. I do get some, but it's not alot. I do mess up on some colors, I just try to match the color to another FO. I like a colored candle better than I do a non colored one, but there are people that don't care if a candle is colored or not.

daniedb, don't start with the colors! Dont let your customers get used to the colors and they'll never miss them. I wish I had started out with no colors. Now they expect them.

Vickib-liquid dyes aren't too good in soy. But..you can get liquid dyes made with a soy base (or whatever they call it!). I get some from candlesoylutions.com or northstar3c.com also have them. ;)

FREEZE!!!!!!!!!!

put down the dye!

Put your hands where I can see them

now I want you to step backwards

towards me

Slowly!!!!!

You know ma'am, I didn't want to have to do this but I just may have to throw ya in the slammer. Would a night in a cell at the DYE POLICE headquaters cure you of this desire to mess with the dye!

Priceless! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hang in there Danielle. Hey, that's my sister's name and her birthday is today!

Hi, I'd probably take the metaphysical approach. Step 1, get out your notebook and write down all the reasons why you feel you have to use colour. Step 2, face your fears :shocked2: what are you afraid will happen if you stop using colour, etc, etc, etc - examine all your reasons for rationality. Step 3, look at how you would feel if you didn't feel that you had to use colours, etc, etc. I know it's probably a bit too solemn an answer than you than you were looking for :angry2: but sadly, it's exactly what I would do - woe is me. :wink2: OR simply say, bu**er it - long live the frustration and enjoy it. :cheesy2:

Dianeb,

I am a recovering candle colorer!!!!

I must say, it is the best move I have every made!!:yay:

I have no regrets!!

I told people to keep my candles as natural as possble, I do not use dyes.

I also let them know that the uncolored candles will match any room in their home.

I colored mine for a year, and then switched for the same reasons you want to... I am really glad I did!! No more worries about the frosting issues!!! (also saves you money!!!!)

HTH

I think they're much nicer with color and understand why you're reluctant to give up.

Some question the scent throw of EcoSoya CBA but one thing for sure is that it colors nicely and is frost resistant. With a smidge of stearic it sets up beautifully and getting a FMP with it is a snap.

Some soys are sensitive to the solvent in liquid color so you should switch to something else if you're using those. One interesting alternative is color in a liquid soy base such as offered here http://www.barnloftcandles.com/soy_dyes.html. Plus there's always dye blocks.

Sorry, but I figure if you really don't want to color them then you won't, without a bunch of people telling you not to, so just thought I'd offer my real opinion. If other people can succeed in making nice colored soy candles then so can you. I think you're just going through a candle crisis, but this too shall pass.