acne wash

katshe

This is what I use to wash with currently

I have oily prone to break out blotchy skin, age 47 and yes a few lines under the eyes.

1/4 cup caslite liquid

1/2 cup distilled water/green tea

1/2tsp jojoba oil

1/4tsp sw almond oil

1/4 tsp sunflower oil

germaben11

mix and put into a foaming bottle

Toner

apple cider vinegar

witch hazel

peppermint leaves

let set for three days then strain out leaves

Apply with cotton ball

I have noticed clearer skin and blotchyness is clearing, Also age spot is almost gone!!!!!!!

I will be trying a new recipe for face wash or maybe bar soap that includes

Jojoba

Neem oil

red clover

calendula

chamomile

I have heard these are good for cystic acne, I do get once a month. but lately has not been as bad

I also have a lotion made of the current oils that I put on after the toner

and I tell you my skin has never looked better, not as oily or pimpley

one more recipe - I use for legs after shaving

Mango butter

mixed with jojoba

fo, pink sugar

melt butter and mix in jojoba

add fo when cooled

this will be creamy

for lotion add water to desired consistancy

also add preservative

:grin2:

I use a store brand, Trader Joe's - it's an organic food store, they have their own brand, it's peppermint liquid castile.

I think I forgot to post that I also put ten drops of tea tree oil in this recipe.

Yes my skin has improved , I used to use clearisil ultra. That stuff just burns off my skin but still break out after using clearasil.

I believe my skin is 90% better, I do have the ocassional hormonal break out but that is even clearing in a day or two.

I also have very pink skin on my face, but using the toner it is more even toned and my age spot is nearly gone!!!!!!!!!!. ( just notice that after using the toner for a week)

I do suggest that if you still have break out to put tea tree oil on that spot and it will be gone in a day or two.

I had one of those pimples that are like a small cyst ( hard and red) just continued with my wash, tone and applied teatree oil on the breakout...nearly gone in the morning.

I was shocked

Usually when I get those nasty ones the stay for about two weeks.

I would suggest using the neem oil instead of sunflower as neem oil is good for healing acne

I am getting neem oil thes week and making a new batch to try

I will let you know my results in a couple of weeks.

Hope you find this helpful

Happy Easter to all

:yay:

oops, forgot to say if replacing sunflower with neem oil I would try the recommended amount at around 10% of total batch size to start with. for 8 ounces that would be about 1 1/2 tablespoons

Correct me if I'm wrong. not good at this percentage stuff yet.

:grin2:

Well, Katshe, I'll be giving it a try! We're about the same age and it sounds as though we have the same skin! Besides, it can't get any worse then the time I used some shea oil in the bath and had a head to toe rash the next day! Thanks for the recipe:yay:

Tall blonde,

I am the rash queen, lots of things give me a rash, I was sceptical about this oil cleansing method, but it seems to be the only thing that has worked in years *super banana*

Good luck yo you. Let me know how it goes.

Note: If you are using green tea as water part Your wash will be a bit brown in color and may need to shake before use.

• 1 month later...

Toner Recipe

1 tb dried mint

2 tb apple cider vinegar

1 cup witch hazel

optional - 1 tsp honey, for moisture and heal red spots

Mix & set for 3 days - shake a few times a day then strain and apply with cotton ball after cleansing.

Have Fun

:yay:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had to stop my rosacea meds a while back because they don't play well with some other meds I have to take, so I've been having bag-over-the-head outbreaks lately. I've been using your wash and toner, and I'm seeing real improvement. :yay:

My only changes to the wash were:

1. I haven't been able to get to TJ's lately, but I did have some plain Dr. Bronners liquid, so I just brewed a strong mix of peppermint & green tea.

2. Added a few drops of lavender maillette eo in addition to the tea tree.

I also don't have a foamer, but it's been working just fine squirting a bit onto a washcloth & rubbing up some suds.

Thanks again!!

Jeri :smiley2: :smiley2:

It's hard for me to get olive-based liquid castile soap here, but I've found a coconut and palm based one (coconut and palm oil are cheap locally, so most "natural" companies use that). I'm worried it might be a tad drying. It's also got a somewhat odd smell, a little rubbery, though I noticed that a liquid coconut and palm based soap wash by another natural company has that same smell, so I guess I'll just have to mask it somehow, since DH tends to wrinkle his nose every time I inflict it on him :D

Thanks for sharing that, it sounds like a great recipe!

In my personal experience (ouch!) & all the sources I've seen, Peppermint oil should be VERY dilute in topical uses - less than 1%. Add to that the fact that you're using this on your face, and I'd be pretty hesitant. Maybe start with one drop only, see how that feels & work up.

If you can't find loose-leaf peppermint tea, Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea is great & has no other flavoring.

I was afraid of that, I bought the eo for something but don't ask me what. I do have Celestial Seasonings Chomomile and it's 100%, maybe I'll try it. I know it has soothing properties and my face is in horrible condition.

Okay, now don't laugh too hard here. A lot of people on here say drops is this a general measurement? What I'm trying to say is, I use pipetts, can I also just use drops from that or is everyone talking about an actual dropper?

I'm sorry, I know I must sound dumb but so much is precise and so much is creative. I'm still trying to distinguish between the two.