acne wash

katshe

Myself, drops from pipette is what I use...

Not laughing- there is so much to learn and understand, Only way to learn is to ask.

The toner can be used without peppermint leaves added, still a good toner that way.

:)

It's a good question, really... because to the total newbie, drops can be confusing... Small drop? Big drop?

I don't really know if the drops from an amber bottle drip thing is equal to a drop from a pipette or dropper. I should try measuring that one day :D

Awkay, finished sidetracking.

Back to the acne wash!

(Still trying to figure out how to get witch hazel locally.)

Rice bran oil - just about all supermarkets

Grapeseed oil - most supermarkets, slightly pricier

Olive oil - all supermarkets

Macadamia nut oil - found only in one supermarket so far

Hazelnut oil - also in that one supermarket

Sesame seed oil - just about all supermarkets

Avocado oil - health food store, but I don't see it anymore. Luckily, I found a small aromatherapy supply store that's reasonably priced.

Walnut oil - health food store

Sweet almond oil - aromatherapy spots, unbelievably pricey in most, but I've found a reasonable one.

Jojoba oil - some health shops & aromatherapy spots, also pretty darn pricey.

Beeswax - craft shops, if I'm lucky & they have stock

Castor oil - some people tell me to try old Indian sundry shops because they're used extensively in Ayurvedic treatments, the pharmacies (drugstores) don't carry them anymore

Cocoa butter - some craft shops, but only refined & pricey (ironic, since we produce chocolate. I think I can get it, actually, but their min quantities are way past my budget)

Wheatgerm oil - health food stores

Sunflower oil - all supermarkets

Safflower oil - health food stores

M&P bases - some craft stores

Just about everything else (butters, some oils, preservatives, emulsifiers, colorants, some herbs, even some eos) I have to have shipped in. Not many people here are interested in making their own B&B, so there hasn't been much demand, hence not much supply. Over time I've built up a small list of places where I can get things in small amounts though. I can't even really play with CP soap because lye comes under the poisons act, so it's hard to obtain too. Hence I've had to stick to simple things like bath salts, soaks, scrubs, massage oils, dry face masques, etc. I import my CP soaps from a friend in the Philippines who makes them there.

Jadryga, wow that is quite a long list of oils you are able to get locally! Though I'm sure you had to do a lot of running around to find the ones with the best prices. Even with all the importing, I see your soaps are still reasonably priced at $3-5 (although for your local customers it may not be nearly as affordable anymore after the exchange rate).

:yes: I ran around a lot! It wasn't hard for me though, because I'm a bit of a research nut, so this simply involved more legwork and well, I've been interested in B&B for a long time.

As for the soaps... I cut a lot of costs by doing my own packaging and importing from the Philippines, which isn't too far away. I'm also relatively lucky because my mother is a fashion designer with her own boutique (the link on my site) so I display my things there. This makes life a lot easier for me :)

:yes: I ran around a lot! It wasn't hard for me though, because I'm a bit of a research nut, so this simply involved more legwork and well, I've been interested in B&B for a long time.

Well I certainly admire your attitude. I know I would have given up long ago if not for the ease of purchasing ingredients where I live. Best of luck to you!