Fo Prices?

Lady_Sudz

Unless you're DAYSTAR and effective April 1st means TODAY. :mad: Interestingly, every damn scent I was going to order has already been increased. So no point bothering now. Time to find a new supplier.

I was going to place an order today........until I saw that it is already April at Daystar. And I also wanted to get a sampler pack, but now she changed the sampler packs. Not only did the $ go up, but you can't order premium oils with "regular" oils. I wanted 3 "regular" oils & 2 "premiums" to sample. I guess I'm not getting them or else I have to buy a 5 sample sized premium oils @ $26, just to be able to sample the 2 I want. I guess I'll just order them on the side, not as a part of a sampler. Oh well. boo hoo.

are we going to start seeing this EVERYWHERE?

Unless you're DAYSTAR and effective April 1st means TODAY. :mad: Interestingly, every damn scent I was going to order has already been increased. So no point bothering now. Time to find a new supplier.

CRAP! I was going to place one more order today before the price increase! What is up with that?

IMO, if you say to get orders in before April 1st, then prices shouldn't start going up until April 1st. I have to go out for the evening and was taking a last look to get my order in when I return later (wanted to think about a couple during the drive). Just saw the sampler email, too. First, the sales disappear, now all this. What's the point?

Increases are not across the board with all suppliers. It is at the decision of the individual supplier if they are increasing their prices (due to increases from their manufacturers)

At this time, I will NOT be increasing any of our Fragrance Oil prices. The manufacturers that I deal with have not increased any of our prices, although they state, some raw materials can go up without notice. So as I mentioned, there will be no increasing on any of FOH prices.

Just a note...USPS has announced they will be increasing their prices once again!! Effective in May!! UGG!! 1# package will go from $4.05 to $4.60 - think they are increasing enough!! Also...stamp prices will go from $.37 to $.41! Like we all need increases in any delivery costs!! Now if I can just get USPS to show up and pick up packages when I schedule them!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Thanks, Kim! I just took a look around around your site and have a list going already. Kudos for separating out the "ground only" scents as well! It's nice to be able to order a sample pack without paying $12 in shipping! I'm sure I will find enough to place a larger order next time and try the low FP ones. :wink2:

:D

Increases are not across the board with all suppliers. It is at the decision of the individual supplier if they are increasing their prices (due to increases from their manufacturers)

At this time, I will NOT be increasing any of our Fragrance Oil prices. The manufacturers that I deal with have not increased any of our prices, although they state, some raw materials can go up without notice. So as I mentioned, there will be no increasing on any of FOH prices.

Just a note...USPS has announced they will be increasing their prices once again!! Effective in May!! UGG!! 1# package will go from $4.05 to $4.60 - think they are increasing enough!! Also...stamp prices will go from $.37 to $.41! Like we all need increases in any delivery costs!! Now if I can just get USPS to show up and pick up packages when I schedule them!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Just one more reason why this company is quickly becoming one of my favorites!! First the international usps shipping issue and now the price increase....FOH could have easily refused to ship anything but ups and increased their prices to match some of their competitors but she put her customers first and that ranks #1 in my books...thanks Kim!!

I don't understand the need for a blanket price increase anyway. It's not like every scent will need to be reordered as of April 1st. Then to go up a day early...I am just thoroughly ticked.

And that whole "if we don't raise prices, we'll have to go out of business blah blah blah" That was a little over the top anyway...playing on guilt and probably fear of losing fragrances to keep folks quiet. And it worked...there was nary a mention (even by me, the complainer!)

I was just going to say you wouldn't see TSW doing a blanket increase and raising prices the day BEFORE an increase was planned and see this in their newsletter:

Generally, it has *not* been the policy of The Scent Works to automatically raise prices when we receive Notices of price increases from our suppliers'. And we're not going to start now.

Our policy has generally been to continue selling products based on last cost and only raise prices when and if, upon reorder, it becomes necessary. That remains our policy.

:thumbsup:

I just tried a sample of Falling in Love type that had been around for a while and am in LOVE. Looks like I know where my DS budget will be split between. ;)

It's getting ridiculous, no more fo's for me LOL I buy 80 % of my oils from Peak's anyway and I am finding that my customers are quite happy with them. I will buy a few here and there, at fair prices, but these prices are going to put me out of business which in turn will put these fo suppliers out of business. It's crazy as it is, this one is carrying that one's oils now. There are a lot of good companies out there selling great fo's at decent prices, so what gives. Complex fo's, my customers are not interested, they want tried and true. They want what sells. Keep adding oils to that list Peak's, love your oils always have and always will.

At the new prices, I'll only be able to buy DS oils for my private stash. DS's loss ... I won't be able to buy as much ... but, "it is what it is".

There are many awesome suppliers that sell at reasonable prices who are just as good (or maybe better) as DS ... I know my customers will still be happy with my candles.

The two I love the most are Buttercream (imho, BG is comparable, but out of stock at times) and Blackberry Jam Cookies (wondering if a manufacturer could dup this scent if given a sample) ... or maybe another supplier would get it duped and have a pre-buy ... just a suggestion :wink2: .

Now that's just plain 'dirty' to tell customers to get their orders in before April 1 because prices will increase on that day, and then increase the prices THE DAY BEFORE!!!!! I really wanted to try some 'one of these days' but...who knows now...that was a cheap thing to do to her customers! :undecided

That's what I'm sayin'. Dirty. While I don't understand the need for a cut & dried blanket increase all on one day since oils were in stock at the last price, I do understand that everything is going up so I didn't say much and just hoped for one last order and a sale in the near future. A friend of mine had even ordered sniffies and mentioned that she was planning an order on Saturday in an email. Stacey didn't tell her the prices would increase that day. She didn't get the sniffies until Saturday so she didn't get her order in either. I was going to get a couple of new ones just based on my friend's sniffy rec's. Oh, well... :undecided