Just to let you all know

nayla40

This is the third week of my shop being open. First week was good. Second week was ok. Third week well. Not so great:( I havent been opened since last friday! The ceiling fell down on everything!Yeppers you read it ..The sky fell right from under me.Sat morning went to open shop and wala. water pooring down from the ceiling. The apartment up above me toilet went nutso on her and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr came right down on me. Im so sick of everything .(If ya all new what Ive been through you would understand). Ya know all i wanted was a little candle shop and Bath shop so i could sell my product.. And all it has done so far is make me hurt. Im going to try to keep my head above water and try to put that smile on my face every day. And try to get over from what has been happening. The ceiling just got fixed today and the carpet cleaners came this evening to shampoo. Sheeeeeeeesh all I wanted to do today was make my candy corn pumkins. Cant do that unless I take all the stuff home to do them.But my back is killing me so Im just goign to leave it alone till friday(hopefully I get to them then)Insurance welllllllllllllllll that is another store too grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. O we have it but NOT the right kind(Im totallu sick about that too. Lost alot of suff. Ill talk to you all soon k.. Im not giving up on my dream Ill stay strong and continue with this smile on my face as long as I can..(come visit me when your in my neck of the woods k) Talk soon Nayla40

Chin up girlie! You WILL get there! Where? You ask. Well, exactly where you want to be!

My one piece of advise as a water restoration tech: Get wat is called a water back up endorsement on your insurance. It can be called a few other things, sewar back up endorsement, water rider, something of the likes. It usually only cost for a homeowner anywhere from $17 to $60 extra a year. I am not sure what it would cost for a business policy. It can really be a life saver.

I can also tell you that you should ask your carpet shampooers what they used to clean with. In the case of a flood like that with category 2 grey water, you should have some special chemicals applied to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Ask about a mildecide, quaternary disinfectant, enzymes. I don't mean to scare you but just make sure that you dry that carpet as fast as possible. If you have ac turn it up. If it gets really warm in there the warmer air will hold more moisture but if you do not have a way to take the moisture from the air and turn it back into liquid it can cause other problems by redistributing to other places. The cold air will act as a dehumidifier, if you have any fans put them on the carpet and if you have a dehumdifier put that in there too. The DH (dehumdifier) is very important. If the water came down from above that means all the beams and woodwork and cieling and the floor and the sub floor above you must dry that too.

Big hugs T!! I'm sorry to hear about this. Persevere! You will be living your dream soon. I know about the setbacks and you can and will brave through these. Events often have a silver lining. I'm hoping that what looks to be lost now can be salvaged. Wish I could come up and help you out, but am there in spirit and pulling for you!

Nayla, try and put a postive spin on a negative thing...

I see this as an opportunity for you to put out advertising for customers to come to your "new and improved" store!

Not only that, you could contact your local newspaper to do a story on your store, and mention this minor tragedy that has ocurred. It's bound to get people interested in your store.

Thank you everyone.. Dang now what would I do without all of you..is nice to come here to see all the possitive feedback. When they shampooed the carpet they did use that one chemical to desinfect it .(I made sure of that lol) But thank you for thinking of that. And we left the ac on all night so hopefully it will be dry enough to go put things back in order. The ceiling looks like s__t but tis ok . It doesn't match the rest of the tiles but Im not going to complain about it. At least it is up and I can reopen soon. Tommorrow Im back to getting the stuff back into the store and moving all the stuff around again. sighhhhhhh.. My Back hurts so bad. I just hope this doesn't happen again We lost the big china hutch and the brand new grandfather clock(the hutch has bubbles all the way through it and the clock well the night before we just opened the box to see it soooooo it was full of water when we got there in the morning.. I have never seen such a mess Tiles and water everywhere. I just turned and walk out the door and cried .. Its just aweful .Tonight I got some stuff done but not alot.Tommorrow I hopeing to get it all back in order so I can open on friday again:yay: The owner of the building is coming tommorrow to see how things are goign (he is NOT going to like how the people put the ceiling back together.Its darn right nasty looking O well that is his problem(like my hubby said)I don't think people are gogin to look at the ceiling when they come into the store lol.Ya know all of this and my back and hand hurting all I can think of if making them darn pumpkin candles :cheesy2: I wanted them done last week but the fo wasnt here yet Friday im shooting for friday yaaaaaaaaa a candle day I hope .. Thanks again you guys :yay: your the best :highfive: Nayla40