wick pins and bubbles

OK,hope I can explain this correctly. After the candle has set up, after the first pour with the wick pin in it,I pull out the pin, insert a wick, put it back in the votive cup .Go to pour second pour and about half of the candles will have air bubbles raising up the sides of the wick:mad: ! Is there another way to eliminate the bubbles other than standing there with a heat gun and zapping :cry2: ? Maybe heat the top of the first pour before I pour the second?I `ve done a search on this and nothing. So if anyone has any suggestions on how they got rid of bubbles please help! I`ll go and see if I can zap it first before I pour the second pour. Sorry to be so confusing :rolleyes2. I`ve tried pouring at different temps and don`t think this is the problem. Jan

I never take out my wick pin till I'm all finished with the candle, never had air bubbles using this method. There really isn't any reason to take the pin out to do your repour. Wonder if your wick is smaller than the wick pin and when you do your repour you are getting air bubbles from down the length of the wick where the pin was. Just a guess, but I'd try it without removing the wick pin till you're all done and see if that helps.

i leave my wick pins in until the second pour is completely cooled down & have never had a problem with bubbles. the wick is most likely smaller than the wick pin so sounds like that is causing your problem.

as for inserting the wick after the votive is done and popping out the wick pin i just press the tab into the bottom of the votive and its not going anywhere :cheesy2: