Oldest supplier of FO?

jade

Reading about FO companies buying others made me wonder who is the oldest of the suppliers. Just curious-does anyone know? And when was this board started AND who on the board has been making candles and/or soaping for the longest time?

Don't you just hate those type of replies? I hope someone comes along who actually can answer the questions for you. :tiptoe:

I meant it in a good way.....a fun way. When I first found this board I stayed up till the wee hours reading all the past stuff. I learned SOoooooooo much & it was so interesting. I jotted down a million notes in a notebook & then refered back to stuff, like favorite oils, suppliers, recipes, sites, etc....It was TERRIFIC!!!! I think anyone would have a blast reading the Archives! Makes for some very good reading. So, please don't take my answer the wrong way, it was truly meant with good intent, & to be helpful. Especially because I had NO IDEA what the Archives was & would've never thought to look there, if someone hadn't told me to look there when I joined.:)

Reading about FO companies buying others made me wonder who is the oldest of the suppliers. Just curious-does anyone know? And when was this board started AND who on the board has been making candles and/or soaping for the longest time?

This board was started by Alan from Peaks in 2002.

I would say that either BruceCarvesWax or Donita has the most longevity in candlemaking. I have no idea on the soaping. Perhaps someone will come along on the FO suppliers. There are many *older* fragrance manufacturers, but I am not sure on the suppliers.

BCN states on their site they started in 1998. Other suppliers sites I have visited also say since 1998. That is the earliest date that I have seen.:confused:

Connies Candles

Connie's Candles, Inc. is approaching its 10th anniversary in 2007 of providing top quality candlemaking products. We strive to be your NUMBER 1 provider of candle supplies as well as bath and soap supplies to complete your personal product lines.

We offer same-day shipping on most orders. Let our friendly, knowledgable staff assist you to help you in creating your unique candle and bath/body products.