Soaping Disaster Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

ladysj

Well I mixed up everything to make E's castile soap and use my new clear mailing tubes. The soap was a beautiful creamy light yellow. Got it poured in my container went to slide it over and the bottom came off. Out went soap everywhere. I was soooooooooooooo PEEEEEEEEEO'd.

OMG you poor thing! I don't ever want to even think about something like that happening to me. I probably would have completely freaked out. What a mess! Last month I picked up a candle to sniff after I had already blown it out, and it splashed wax all over me, the sink, the floor, etc. and I about had a panic attack. Needless to say, I told my family to go ahead and watch American Idol without me. I was busy. :sad2:

Valerie

speaking from experience (actually several experiences)...

1 - tape the cap on with duct tape. don't be stingy with the tape.

2 - tape a corner of a garbage bag over the end too - seal completely with duct tape

3 - stand the tube in a container and keep it there. I use a big pitcher. You really don't want to lift it once it's filled because the weight of the soap will try to push it out the bottom. You can lightly pack the space around your mold to keep it upright but you may not want to do too much if there is concern with overheating. I use a hand towel most often but have also used styro peanuts (which are a god-awful mess to deal with if raw soap spills on them).

4 - THEN fill your mold...

BTW - I don't put another cap on the top but I do stick a ziplock baggie on there to keep bits from getting onto the soap.

I tried getting some samples from them but they told me my order wasn't going to be big enough for them throughout the year. I got these off of ebay. :( Guess I'll try again and up the amount I will possibly order. It would be great to have a co-op or something on these. I would do one but I don't have the room to do co-op's.

I tried getting some samples from them but they told me my order wasn't going to be big enough for them throughout the year. I got these off of ebay. :( Guess I'll try again and up the amount I will possibly order. It would be great to have a co-op or something on these. I would do one but I don't have the room to do co-op's.

aaaaah, well screw that. Here try this company

http://www.cleartecpackaging.com/mailing_tubes.asp

click on clear mailing tubes at the top, then on free samples at the bottom. fill out the form and select Mailing tube, with vinyl closures. in the section "what is the size of your part, put 3" and in the section what is the legnth of your part, put 12". Also in the comments section, I just wrote, please send me 1 sample clear mailing tube size 3"x12" with vinyl closures for both ends.