Tester Swap..UPDATE

pamperme

Ok...girls..they will be on the way to you today IF the mail man comes up and looks to see if I have mail to go out..sometimes he does not..which ticks me off..picking up mail is just as much his job and bringing it to me..

Anyway..they are ready to go.

Tried a few things already..

Farm House Formlas Bee Good Lip Balm~ love the packaging, smells great, tastes great..it is very hard to get out of the tin..and is a slight bit grainy..not sure why..I prefer a smoother balm..but I like it. You might want to put contact info on your package..address, email or phone so people can contact you. For the size.yes $3.50 would be a great price.

The Heartfilled Candle Co..Hair Frizz Mist. 1. I like the package..prefer a larger size bottle..and it will help keep costs down as the bottles are usually a good bit of the cost. I like the label and all info on it is great.. I would pay $4-$5 for an 8oz bottle. Worked nice..made my hair soft..and added shine..not much frizz today..YEAH!

Home Spun Candles and Gifts

Whipped Shea Butter Sweet Cotton..ummm..there is no biz name on the jar? :confused: ..I LOVE the scent.. need some more info on the label..contact info..weight, BIZ NAME..lol..would be a big plus..the product is grainy almost like sugar..I had to rinse it off..have no idea why..I am going to stir it in the jar and see if maybe it is just the top of the product from sitting. I really really like this scent.

Lava Lip Shine..no biz name on label.. I prefer a thicker gloss..but it is quite yummy..I bet teens would LOVE this stuff..Packaging is very nice..you just need more info on the label.

Somehow I ended up with 4 of your items..lol..

Lovespell Perfume..I like it alot..need more info on the packaging..rolls on very nice..gonna see how long the scent lasts today.

Lovespell Lotion~ very thin lotion..goes on nice though..sinks in well..smells great.. weird bottle..lol..never seen one like that before...kinda looks off a bit but it's not..lol.. label on back was crooked and not cut even..needs weight on front.. and some directions for use.. I really like your logo..

Mystic Glow Lip Balm..yummy...smoooooothhhh..I like it alot..Great label..and packaging.

Bhea Butter Body Frosting..leaves a nice sheen to skin..goes on great..like the feel.. NICE packaging.. is that PINK SUGAR? yumm.. A+++

EBCandles Soy Body Butter.... LOVE the scent..and the product..you need your logo on the lids or something.. and the FO scent.. I would buy this!

Scents From Heaven...I am going to try your milk bath tonight..yours has the salt in it..and mine usually does not..so I can't wait to use this..will let you know tomorrow what I think.

Ok..that is it..that is what I got.. Hope the swap went well..since it was my first..and with all the things that happened I am glad I just got them back out the door..lol.

Mystic Glow Lip Balm..yummy...smoooooothhhh..I like it alot..Great label..and packaging.

Bhea Butter Body Frosting..leaves a nice sheen to skin..goes on great..like the feel.. NICE packaging.. is that PINK SUGAR? yumm.. A+++.

Thank you! I have used up almost 10 lbs. of Shea Butter trying to get what I wanted. Haven't sold one bit yet. Gave lots away to friends and family to test out though. So far this is the recipe that most seem to like. Oh yeah, Yes it is Pink Sugar. I just love that scent. My fav.

I am looking very forward to getting my box. :) Can't wait to test things out.

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for holding up the swap and then backing out. I wasn't counting on the kitchen renovation starting so soon. Please forgive me and count me in on the next swap.

Now I get to be jealous as everyone begins to test. :cool:

I can't wait to get my stuff!! Pamperme, I made the Bee Good Lip Balm cause a friend raved about the Burt's Bees and this is supposed to be a pretty close copy. I personally am with you and like a smoother softer lip balm. Now I will have a reason to have to rush home and get the mail, it's been pretty hot up here in the Minnesota north country I hope my stuff doesn't melt :(

Well the darn mail man came..gave me mail..took the small box in the mail box and LEFT THE OTHER ONES AND DID NOT COME BACK TO GET THEM..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am going to put them out again..and CALL the post office and make a complaint if he does not take them today..I can't go out today..and lug 6 boxes with two toddlers in toe...and hubby works late today.

He better take the darn boxes this time. :mad:

Well the darn mail man came..gave me mail..took the small box in the mail box and LEFT THE OTHER ONES AND DID NOT COME BACK TO GET THEM..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am going to put them out again..and CALL the post office and make a complaint if he does not take them today..I can't go out today..and lug 6 boxes with two toddlers in toe...and hubby works late today.

He better take the darn boxes this time. :mad:

You can always request a pick up online!

If you register with your business name its free.. Thats what i did.. I wasnt paying them to pick my shit up LOL

I though it was free too.... Whenever I request it, whether it gets picked up or not depends on my mailman's mood.

and I understand about not being able to go cause of your kids. I am in the same boat as you are in that one... except one doesn't quite walk-well at least not fast enough, she is 10 months. it is quite a hassle

oh well, what can you expect from the gov't workers.

Boxes went yesterday..I have to STOP the mail man 2 houses down and tell him to come back and get the boxes..how in the heck did he miss a stack of 6 boxes sitting in front of my MAILBOX...grrrrr..anyway they are on there way. ;)

I got mine today!!!!!!!!!!

Was I suppose to eat the soy body butter by carmen... cause I DID!!!!

ok, I could have!

-About my hair mist: I used to buy mine, between 2-6oz, and paid between $6-12 depending on the brand and size. I don't think that I've ever bought an 8 oz for $6!! I would rather keep packaging it in the 2-4oz, and either way, it would be hard to keep pricing low due to the ingridients being so expensive, I mainly just make it for myself and for family. And even when I do perfect my reccipe, I would most likely price it for as much as I could, cause if people like it, they will buy! We all know we all have paid rediculous amounts of money on hair products.

REVIEWS!

Mystic Glow:

-Lip balm... Love the strawberry!!! feels great on lips. My 4yr old has claimed it hers!

-Body FrostingL: How on earth did it make it here without melting??? Feels great, smells great (Though I am tired of pink sugar and I am guilty of sending someone a pink sugar lotion). Great recipe

Scents from Above

-Moisture Body Lotion: Feels great, sinks in pretty well, not greasy or oily.Nice and creamy. Not too found of bullet bottles, still pretty cute, though.

-Milk Bath:???????? I don;t have a tub :( So i will give to my mom to test!

Cute packaging, not too crazy about it.

-pamperme:

shimmer powder: I am so sorry, but I really dislike LAVENEDER!... so I gave it to my MIL... I did try it out, nice and sparkly, I would have loved it in another scent. I lover shimmer powders! She loves it! She loves body powders! Packaging is ok, I know how hard it is to find those powder sifter jars for a decent price, so great job on that, I think I would like a different label. Overall GREAT!

Ebcandles: The Goddess of the Soy Body Butter!

What else can I say. I don't think you need the scent on it, it can be one of those things that just comes in that scent or whatever. Nice packaging, very elegant, but feels like something is missing. I would so definetly buy this butter. I am off to buy soybean oil to experiment!

- - - - - --

So good job gals! All did fantastic! There was not one thing that I did not like.

Many of packaging did not have the weight on it.

And I would have liked to known what ya'll charge for your products.

Boxes went yesterday..I have to STOP the mail man 2 houses down and tell him to come back and get the boxes..how in the heck did he miss a stack of 6 boxes sitting in front of my MAILBOX...grrrrr..anyway they are on there way. ;)

Rachel, if you don't do a FREE package pickup online, your complaint will not hold water. The mailman does not know and its not his job to check and see if you have outgoing mail unless its IN YOUR MAILBOX. They get a list everyday of people that request package pick up. If you DO NOT request a pick up or a have an understanding with your mail carrier~ its NOT going to happen.

I had a lengthy discussion with my postal carrier and he said that if they DO NOT get notification that you have a package that needs to go out in the mail they DO NOT just pick up packages at random. Just a heads up. I saw that you put typed that the postal carriers job is not only to deliver your mail~ but to pick it up. You are wrong. If you DO HAVE OUTGOING MAIL in your mailbox and THEY HAVE MAIL FOR YOU that day- it is. If you just put packages outside and assume they are picking them up it is NOT. They have very strict guidelines to adhere to and if its not in your mailbox they are NOT touching it unless you have requested a pick up or actually asked them to take packages from your house.

I have a biz account with the usps..and last time it tried to charge me..so I was not going to try that again..we had a sub mailman(again..I swear our regular guy has only worked 1/2 the summer so far).. and the boxes were right in front of the mailbox..could not have missed them..and he took THE SMALL BOX? so why did he not take the others..oh well..next time I am going to try the free pickup again..and if it trys to charge me ..I am making a phone call. :mad:

But hey they are now in the mail.

I would call your Post Master. I do not believe they can charge you for a service they offer for FREE and advertise it like crazy. Even if you lived in an extremely rural area. It sounds like your substitute carrier is not too bright!

Nope..his response was he did not see them :eek: ..WHAT..how could you not..he had to REACH over them to get to my mail box.

yes it says free online..I am going to call them MONDAY.

Nope..his response was he did not see them :eek: ..WHAT..how could you not..he had to REACH over them to get to my mail box.

yes it says free online..I am going to call them MONDAY.

I would.. it's always been free for me even when I did the co-op. I had 1-10 packages out there all the time. In fact one time I forgot to put a package out for delivery, and I did.. and he said he'd do it this one time (because I always do it) But Mystic is riight, they have a sheet that they have to scan in that they check that it was picked up. I've NEVER paid for it, and i use it all the time because I hate going to the PO.

Kathy

One Last thing, there are two types of deliveries.. free next day carrier pick up and Pick up on demand which does cost 12.50...

Great job everyone.

Mystic Glow Love the lip balm it is great. :) like the label as well.

Home spun candles and gifts lava lip great smell and taste. A little to runny for me and no name and contact info on it.

Morning dew lotion great smell label a bit big or maybe even go with an oval label, Still no contact info on it.

Whipped Sgea butter like the scent, color and package minus the no contact info on it. :( The butter is a little gritty.

That is all i have time for. Will test more later.

Thanks to everyone this is really going to help me with my products. :D

i also recieved my box and omg, there are so many talented people out there.lol i am in the process of seeking help (professional) with my labels. i have not artistic ability at all. no matter how hard i try it looks horrible. i have placed an add for help. so, someone HELP!!!! lol right now i am focusing on what is inside the bottle. glad you liked the products. if you have any ideas for my labes please send them over. lol

p.s. i am home spun candles and gifts

Here is what is in my goodie bag:

Pamperme

perfume....sensual flowers. i like this. my mil said it was hers. she is a floral nut. i got alot of positive replies when i used it.

massage oil... well i let you know in the morning.lol ;)

chocolate mint milk bath....this was great. i was not a fan of milk baths before. but i had to try this as soon as i saw it. it was wonderful. my skin felt so soft after my soak in the tub.

ebcandle....soy whipped butter, what is the scent. i realy like this. i have never used soy before but now. thanks chicky, i have something else to buy.lol this is great. i keep going back and using it. i will have none soon. (hint, i need the reciep)lol

scents from heaven....body lotion , very nice soaked in well and loved the fo

juniper breeze is one of my favs.

i have not tried the other 2 yet but love the bath milk

mystic glow

shea butter body frosting...love it. but i am a big fan of shea butter. i think this is scented vanilla but hard to tell. very light fo. but a good product

lip balm... all i can say is AWESOME!!! just enough flavoring and very silky.

the heartfilled candle company

am going to try your tomorrow. love the smell though.

farn house formulas

bee good for your lip lip balm.... love the tin. i like a think balm. i am a fan of burt bees balm. needs more eo. could hardly smell or taste peppermint. but great.

whipped soy.... this was wonderful.. very smooth... you must have whipped the Heck out of it.lol

thanks for all your products.

Ok more to report i am having allot of fun with this.

Heartfilled candle co The overall appearance is great. Yes i would pay $6 for the lotion. I feel that the bottle is great and the labels are very nice. I would recoment this to y friends and family (if i did not make lotion. lol).

Home Spun Candles Love Spell lotion. I like the bottle. It is very pretty. I would make the label a little bit smaller and put contact info on it. I would also change the fragrence name i am pretty sure that Love Spell is trademarked.

Pamper me White tea and ginger perfume. Lovethe fact that it was not oily and the smell is great.

Chocolate milk bath Well i do not do to many baths (4 kids lol) My daughter used it and she wants more and more and more. She loved it. Left her shin very smooth. Great product.

Katy

hey got to use the Juniper Breeze milk bath..loved the scent..I have a HUGE old tub..and I had to use almost the whole jar..umm..I don't have an overflow..so I fill the tub to the very top..lol..anyway..I liked it.. I think if you are selling it..you should probably make it in a larger size jar..you would only get like 2 baths out of that size. otherwise..works well.

Carmen..I sooo love your stuff!

Mystic Glow..yous in now in my purse I use the lip balm that much..I normally don't like starwberry in cosmetics but I love the flavor..your stuff always looks so professional. ;)

ok..I have so much tester swap stuff from this one..the last one and stuff I made..I think I have to give my teen neighbor some stuff..I have two large baskets and 3 plastic bins full of stuff..my kids have been using stuff and it is still not dwindling down. :rolleyes:

ok..one the post office note..I ordered a pick up..and guess what THIS time it worked and they did not charge me. YIPPY :D

hey got to use the Juniper Breeze milk bath..loved the scent..I have a HUGE old tub..and I had to use almost the whole jar..umm..I don't have an overflow..so I fill the tub to the very top..lol..anyway..I liked it.. I think if you are selling it..you should probably make it in a larger size jar..you would only get like 2 baths out of that size. otherwise..works well.

Thank you for your advice i am just starting to sell my bath and body so this is great info.

I just got home from vacation and these goodies were waiting for me. YEAH!!

I can't wait to start checking them out. Hopefully I will get some of them tested over the weekend and start posting my reviews. Thanks for the positive feedback on my lip balm and shea butter. :)