hold a mold question

I really want to order a hold a mold for my hurricane molds, but I am wondering about the durability of the overall product and I see that Peaks also offers spring replacements...how often do the springs need replaced?

Any feed back would be great and my pathetic, continuosly burned and cut thumbs would appreciate it.

Check the specs before buying one. Most that I've seen won't work on a hurricane size mold. Have you tried gardening gloves - the ones with the little nobby things on the palms. I get mine at Big Lots for less than $1 a pr. Allows me to safely grip the mold and no burned hands. I also wear them when cleaning my molds - no cuts. And when they get too nasty I just toss them.

I also use the gardening gloves with the bumps on them. I was having some problems getting the full weighted mold into the bucket so I decided to try it by putting the weighted mold into the empty bucket. I then pour the wax into the mold and cover the top of the mold and carefully pour the water into the bucket. I remove the cover after the water is in the bucket. I have to have three pitchers of water standing ready to go but it seems to be working a little better for me. HTH :)

For many many many many many, maybe not that many years I have been using four paper towels (Bounty) folded to make a pot holder. I make two. Get them wet and I have no problem picking up my 6" x 9" molds and getting them to the waterbath table. I just use one each folded for my little 3" x 3" molds. I reuse them until they are too "waxy"......gloves slipped on me, but the wet paper keeps you cool and it doesn't slip. Donita