Why are fo's so addicting?

TexasBrat

I am finally taking all my fo's out of boxes and off my kitchen counters out of every nook and cranny around my house and am overwhelmed at how much I have. Why are they so darn addicting? Why do I keep buying more? Why do I need 5 green teas from different suppliers? I must have over 200 sample sizes from various suppliers. I truly believe this is a disease, it needs to be added to the medical mysteries or something.:o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to the conclusion that we all have OCD!:embarasse

I think that's FOCD!! I've thought about this a lot & just can't figure it out either. I glaze over thinking about fo's & find myself on supplier sites just clicking through the descriptions like a junkie. I mean, this isn't even something most of us keep. We sell it & wait for more. Odd, huh!?!

Susan.

Interesting. It is an adiction that I have tried to put my finger on. I think for me it is not wanting to miss the perfect scent that I know I will be crazy about. Just have to know what every last one of them smells like and who has the absolute best. It is a driving force that makes no sense. Glad I am not suffering alone.

I think that's FOCD!!

Susan.

LOL!!

I'm ReALLy happy that TexasBrat brought this up because I was too ashamed to come out and admit I had FOCD. I'm in bad. Way bad. I need help!!

Question is...how long does this last? This addiction? Being broke don't seem to matter!

What do you do when you run out of cash??

Feel free to add to the suggestions so that we may all cope, LOL

1. Call the fragrance supplier and exclaim that they forgot a bottle..

err..or two; in the order (joking)

2. Sell stuff on EBAY to support the habit.

:undecided:undecided

I think for me it is not wanting to miss the perfect scent that I know I will be crazy about. Just have to know what every last one of them smells like and who has the absolute best.

Ditto! If the perfect fragrance is out there, I don't want to miss it. I've been making candles for only about a month, and I must have 60 FO samples by now. Hopefully my candle making skills will eventually catch up to my FO collecting skills. :embarasse

After almost 5 years, I have finally got better about ordering samples. I still order 1 every now & then & most of the time I am very disappointed. This is GOOD! I will still let myself test a DayStar once or twice a month and will probably continue because I am not disappointed with DayStar. Ordered 3 samples from WSP a couple months ago, & they were all awful. Carole

. I mean, this isn't even something most of us keep. We sell it & wait for more.

Sell them? No way! I keep them all!!

After almost 5 years, I have finally got better about ordering samples. I still order 1 every now & then

Me too. I still order samples, though not as often and usually when I'm on the hunt for something in particular.

I glaze over thinking about fo's & find myself on supplier sites just clicking through the descriptions like a junkie.
You hit it on the nose, I'm a fo junkie! I have FOCD. :laugh2:

I actually use my 1oz samples for a 2lb batch and if I like it then I order more but I just don't understand how I can want and have so many.

I'm right in there with you. I'm running out of room fast. I think some of my problem stems from someone saying how good something smells. Then I think I really need to try it. So actually, it's really not my fault. It's your fault. If I didn't know about it...:o

I'm right in there with you. I'm running out of room fast. I think some of my problem stems from someone saying how good something smells. Then I think I really need to try it. So actually, it's really not my fault. It's your fault. If I didn't know about it...:o

Yup, it's everyone elses fault! :highfive:

TB, I'd like to say you are one sick puppy.

But that would be totally hypocritical of me! :D

I'll ditto that!!!

It's true that the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem... I admit it freely!! The thing is... I'm not so sure I want to be 'cured'!!! :D:wink2:

I glaze over thinking about fo's & find myself on supplier sites just clicking through the descriptions like a junkie.

Susan.

But, do you then fill up a whole online shopping cart & then quickly log off thier site, for fear that you might hit that paypal button & actually send a payment/order for tons more FO's that you truly shouldn't be buying? But you just spent the past hour clicking through all those descriptions & filling up your virtual shopping cart? Did I just admit that outloud?

But, do you then fill up a whole online shopping cart & then quickly log off thier site, for fear that you might hit that paypal button & actually send a payment/order for tons more FO's that you truly shouldn't be buying? But you just spent the past hour clicking through all those descriptions & filling up your virtual shopping cart? Did I just admit that outloud?
I resemble that comment too. I do that with Scent Works all the time, I get up to $75.00 and then just close the window and forget about it. :o

I do it all the time. The worst thing is the sites that save your shopping cart *COUGH COUGH Peak* because then a few weeks later when I go back, my cart is already filled for me... :o

Oh I am an addict too....but my addiction is "the search". I keep buying FOs for wax trying to find something I am pleased with...to no avail. Maybe it doesn't exist.My fragrance addiction started years ago with Colognes (where it remains today when I admit it)

What is that definition for insanity? Something about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

oh I think that there are FOs that smell nice. Some that even smell great...but very rarely (almost never) do they throw as well as I would like....and very rarely are the fragrances as "different' as I would like for them to be. KWIM?

I know the "fruits" throw better than most others. I don't like fruits. I know that there is a HUGE selection of Bakery out there. I don't like Bakery. ( and to me, MANY of them smell rather similar..thinking that there are maybe 10 notes, tops, that are used over and over in different variations)

I won't get started on the florals....although I will say they do a fairly decent job of manufacturing florals that are "almost" there...IF and only IF you find the right ones. Ever got a rose or a jasmine that wasn't the right one? LOL PeeeeUUU

The "dupes" are usually a disappointment, or have been for me with men's fragrances. They just do not smell like the fragrance they are trying to dupe.

I would almost like them better as stand alone fragrances on their own without saying they are a dupe of something they aren't.

So, any of you addicts out there that can point me in a direction where I will find FOs so fabulous that I will want more of them, I would appreciate it!

I love the earthy..woodsy(my faves)...greens....spas...oceans....GOOD florals..

NO: Blueberry- caramel waffle creme whip strudel with toasted coconut pecan sauce with a splash of Grand Pa's trip to Starbucks Hazelnut Latte Bean, please.:D

NO: Blueberry- caramel waffle creme whip strudel with toasted coconut pecan sauce with a splash of Grand Pa's trip to Starbucks Hazelnut Latte Bean' date=' please.:D[/quote']

LOLOLOL I will take one of those ;) I love bakery and food type scents, I want my house to smell like somethings cooking, cuz I NEVER cook anymore!