Getting the cool tingley mint feel

kidsngarden

I have never soaped a mint bar except a cucumber mint FO that while heavenly doesn't give a tingle, which is fine for that bar. BUT

I want to make a tingley tea tree or spearmint, or some kind of minty thing. If I use EO's will it be minty? If not what should I add and how much PPO? I also would love to make a lotion that was tingley too.

I make Goats milk CP.

Thanks,

Bethany

I use Spearmint for the tingly feeling. :grin2: It smells like Doublemint Gum:drool:

I make a Dry Body Scrub with a mixture of Spearmint and Peppermint, and I call it Mint Julep!! Leaves you feeling cool and tingly all over!! Feels fresh!! Just caution people if you use any kind of menthol. I accidentally got soap in my eyes one night with my Mint Julep Soap.... talk about burn your eyeballs!!! LOL I usually caution them to keep it away from mucous membranes... very irritating!!

Hi, Just reading this post and am vey curious - would using peppermint FO give a tingley sensation in melt and pour soap, or would it have to be EO???

I've only really just begun making soap, so do most of you use EOs for melt and pour soap or FOs??

Thanks

I don't think FO will tingle. I love Peppermint EO at .5 oz per lb.

I love using peppermint/Spearmint oils in my soaps but.........as a protection to any soaper using peppermint, spearmint or ginger oils in their soap - you may just want to add a little warning to each label as these oils are not recommended for people with extremely sensitive skin.

I also add warning labels on all of my salt scrubs; I suggest they apply the salt scrub before shaving. Ouch.....salt on a razor cut is not good - especially in certain areas.