French Milled M&P

firegirl

Has anyone tried any French Milled M&P? I read about it on NG's website. I liked the sound of the Goats Milk M&P.. I love SFIC, but I would love to not have to add any hardeners. If anyone has tried it.. please do tell!

Teri

I have tried it and LOVE it! I don't know if it's just because I think it's "French Milled" or not, but to me, it seems really creamy and rich. I have tried all 3 types and just reordered some more. I think it's definately worth the little bit more that it costs, depending on how much you buy of course :)

Lori

Thanks so much for your input! I was told that it is sitting at home while I type.. I am at work until tomorrow morning... I can't wait to try it! I paid a little over $2 a pound which is pretty good.. about the same as SFIC... I will post my results!

Okay.. just looked the price up and it is about $2.12 per pound.. it definitely states that it can last longer than regular m&P and that it has less air in it..which I can only assume the main reason for making it harder? I

Good for you! I think you'll be very happy with it.

I'm curious what you think - please let me know once you have used it.

btw - the marbelized melt and pour is really nice too - it's a very pretty golden yellow marbled look.

• 1 year later...

Actually some milled soaps are dramatically different from our rebatched product. This is because those producers have access to heavy presses. What THEY do is grind the soap and instead of cooking it to liquify it, they simply press their slightly (very slightly) warm and moist soap super hard into bars. They are kinda "stamped out" if you know what I mean.

Triple milled is a funny term. Silly, really - it means you take the soap and run it through the grinder 3 times. Whatever.