Glossy Labels

Monica

Has anyone else had trouble with the Glossy Ink Jet labels turning YELLOW :mad:

I just pulled out a couple cases of candles to take to my sons daycare..they are having a little "show" for the moms. I have had these in storage since my last show around Thanksgiving. Most of the have turned yellow! This is the first year I have used the glossy. I just checked the 6 or so sheets I have left in the drawer..they are yellow too!!

I love the glossy look..but I dont want my labels looking old and yellow in just a few months.(or ever)

Any ideas why this happened?

I had the same problem with my candles here in the house and thought it might be from us smoking in the house. Well, I opened up my shop in Nov and they did the very same thing there and I don't smoke in the shop.

The only thing I could relate it to was the gas heat. I finally decided to go with Prairie Kraft Labels. HTH Portia

No smoking here either..and these were closed up boxes in my moving crates so it wasnt the light either..the first time I saw it I thought maybe the florescent light in the shop area..but the new ones in my desk have yellowed too!

What a bummer!

I'm not sure what the heck is the problem with either our atmosphere or these labels. There is something about the gloss on them though, because I had some matte white labels sitting next to some gloss labels on my products and the matte ones are still white and the gloss looks like chit.

I had my glossy labels in the box that they came in stuck in a drawer here and they still yellowed around the edges. I finally gave up and went with the brown kraft. Portia

I don't use clear labels, but I print on Avery (Ivory) high quality business cards for tags, and I have noticed in time (not real long) they yellow. :undecided They turn into I think what they call Ivory "Buff" - a yellow tone....not the pretty Ivory tone it starts out like. And the thing I do not like is the tone will be uneven (usually starts around the edges) for a while until the whole thing turns that color. They don't all do it at the same time either. This is the weird thing. I am not sure at this point if all of the packages have the problem. If this continues, I will have to try another kind of business cards. I like these though because they have a great texture and the print looks good on them and they are nice and stiff.

I wonder what causes this? I may call Avery and ask.

YES! it is so irritating! It generally takes a while (months) but some lighting conditions are worse than others. (No smoking here either). I tried to keep candles covered or in cabinets, helped some. But if you have some oldies, best to peel of and relabel. Other than that, I don't know how to fix it.

Well..I dont have time to relabel all the time so I am going to try the crystal clear.

What a PAIN

Had I stayed in the biz, I would probably switch too. The yellowing is such a turnoff. And those labels don't come off easily, and it is expensive and a pain in the butt.