Create the Dream?

kdmorgan

I wouldn't turn it down if it was a gift, but I wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket. There seems to be alot of info in there that I already knew/could find on the net. I wish they had some fresh ideas/concepts. Now, for the total beginner.....I would say this magazine is worth it all the way! For us old farts who have been at it a while, most of us have been a little disappointed. :sad2:

I only got one issue and it seemed kinda general. Seems more for the soap rather than the candles but there was a nice how to on primitive candles. Not exactly sure what I'd really like to see.. new trends/techniques maybe. More technical info so they can be used as a reference.. maybe some info on doing shows. Its a start so hopefully over time it will develop into a nice publication for our industry.

I wasn't overly impressed with the content.

Nice glossy publication, great photography and presentation- for sure.

I found this to be focused towards newer crafters.

They do have good ideas, and a good staff onboard. I might renew, I haven't decided yet. It is a one of a kind magazine from my vantage point. Definitely not geared towards candlemaking.

I've received three issues so far and am disappointed. When I first began receiving the publication, I only made candles and there was little to no useful information regarding candles. I've recently started making soaps and went back to review my old issues (not like I have that many). All the articles that were in the magazines I had previously read on one website or another while researching soap making. :(

I received all my subscription issues and I am not going to renew. Loved the great pictures and the idea. Was disappointed with the articles almost teasing you with a little information that you could find on the internet and then letting you hang. Thought I would get more recipes that were more advanced instead of basic ones.I don't make candles, but I agree there wasn't much for all the candles makers.

• 1 month later...

I am not renewing mine either and I am sure they are going to have a tough time keeping this magazine going with the high cost of producing a nice looking one...it was nice looking but as everyone said, nothing new in it and not much for the candle junkies. I wonder how many customers they are losing. Did anyone go to their conference?

From their website:

SUBSCRIBER NOTICE :

Spring Issue Ships 3-16!

Due to a printing delay, the Spring Issue has not yet shipped. They are arriving from our printer on Friday (3/16/07), and we are going to make sure they ship out to subscribers the same day. Thank you for all of your patience, your support and kind emails.

:D

I guess it's in the mail.

From their website:

SUBSCRIBER NOTICE :

Spring Issue Ships 3-16!

Due to a printing delay, the Spring Issue has not yet shipped. They are arriving from our printer on Friday (3/16/07), and we are going to make sure they ship out to subscribers the same day. Thank you for all of your patience, your support and kind emails.

I guess it's in the mail.

:D

Thanks so much!

Ahh, saw this post and was thinking about how I didn't get the next one.

I also thought it did nothing for chandlers. Several articles I have read I had already seen the exact same articles on company websites and at a soap/candle convention I attended last year. These companies are offering this information for free and they are reprinting (I am sure with permission, don't get me wrong) and putting it in the magazine. There were too many things I had already seen. You can just go to some of the suppliers, read their tutorials and get the same info in my opinion.

Ever the optimist, I do look forward to the next publication in hopes there is new material, or that they have clued into their subscribers wants. I mean it hasn't been in publication for a year yet I believe--so they may just need some growing room?