plastic canvas wick centering tools...

Has anyone ever used plastic canvas to make custom wick centering tools? I just made some and they are working great! It was even nice to add more wax to the jar through the canvas.

Then I thought, I wonder if anyone else has done this. So here I am submitting a thread about it. I think I am hooked!!!!!

No camera, but here goes: Looks like a grate, usually 7 or so holes to an inch. I'd say you'd either cut a square of this stuff to put over your container, mark the central hole with a marker, centre it over your container and pull the wick through the marked hole. Then hold the wick taut with a clothespin. OR... just cut a strip of the awful stuff, maybe an inch wide, and continue as above. People make Barbie furniture out of it, not my thing at all, but I think it's a great idea, just in case I am not driven absolutely mad by my votives and eventually get to conainers.

I cut the canvas the shape of the container I am using, currently square & heart. Patiently counted the squares to find center, marked the center by "circling" it with a sharpee. I put hot glue around the edge and let it cool. This "grips" the edge of the container to keep it from slipping. I put the canvas on the container, threaded the wick through the hole, left it up a bit to pour, poured the wax and put the canvas down, put clothes pins to hold taut. It has worked better than any wick centering tool I have paid good $ for and at less than .40 per sheet, there's alot of potential. This worked great.

I see, well that's good if wal-mart has it, then all I have to do is remember to make a note about it on my list...then remember what I did with the list..:grin2: Thanks for the info.

Oh How I can relate to making lists.;which I do often ,but ,yes, we do have to remember to take them w/ to the store! LOL

47b7dc29b3127cce81210a7b53ac00000016100QaNmLVuxasU

Here's a picture of the heart one. You can see where I added wax thru it. This is working out like a charm. Now I can't wait to go back and get some round ones. Hope this helps someone, I like to make things as easy as possible and with this dish, the cardboard template was not easy to use.