Pink Grapefruit Smells like Chemicals Burning?

cleanglow

I never tried TW's but I do have Juicy Pink Grapefruit from Serendipties and it's awesome. No chemical smell but was way to strong at 8% which is what I normally use so I backed it down to 6% which was a lot better and still no chemical smell. HTH Cindy/WI

Has anyone noticed this before with this scent? Oob it smells awesome (Tradewinds) but now that I'm burning it all I can smell are chemicals. Bummer.

I actually recommend NG's Ruby Red Grapefruit--I'm on about the bottom 1/2 inch of 2 8 0z tins--one in a med sized bedroom, and one in my m/l sized living room--smells true and fresh--and I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit!

It's alway so strange how different our noses are!!

mints, citrus & some pine I've found tend to get the fuel smell once burning in soy. You can try wicking down, adding vanilla, or backing off on your % of FO.

WYW's Vanilla Grapefruit kicks butt in soy at 4%, no fuel and a very nice bright pink grapefruit scent.

HTH!

What kind of wax are you using? I personally find that almost every single citrus scent gives me fuel in 4630. I've heard people say they've never understood when people say "fuel" but trust me...it smells like propane or something horrid.

Sometimes adding a tad vanilla helps cut that fuel smell.

I think some people just can't smell the fuel part. If it has a smell, I can catch it within the first couple of minutes. Sometimes I let it burn & it seems to 'burn off'. Adding vanilla never seemed to work for me, tho.

PamR

What kind of wax are you using? I personally find that almost every single citrus scent gives me fuel in 4630. I've heard people say they've never understood when people say "fuel" but trust me...it smells like propane or something horrid.

Sometimes adding a tad vanilla helps cut that fuel smell.

I use palm wax. It was absolutely horrible. I'll try the vanilla and see waht happens. But honestly, I'll be amazed if that works.

I use palm wax. It was absolutely horrible. I'll try the vanilla and see waht happens. But honestly, I'll be amazed if that works.

Vanilla never helped me much either, but I know of some people that it has. It's worth a shot anyway!