One of my candles burning

cybersix

Hi, I made this sphere with draped layers technique. The layers are not so visible, I used white and pink... Sorry I didn't take a picture other than when it's burning.

What do you think about this candle? Is burning good?

It's scented sandalwood (I know I know.. but that's the only fragrance I have!!), but the scent is very strong until I light it.. when it burns I don't smell anything.. :sad2: How come this?

Thanks to all and as always.. forgive my english!:rolleyes2

post-1267-139458380337_thumb.jpg

post-1267-13945838034_thumb.jpg

First of all, your candle looks great. Good job! You asked why you weren't getting any hot throw. Could be the wax you are using. There are some waxes that give excellent cold throw but won't throw hot. Sometimes it takes getting a good full melt pool going before you smell anything. A lot of the veggie waxes are famous for giving off great cold throw...but throw very lightly or not at all when burning. What kind of wax are you using?

First of all, your candle looks great. Good job! You asked why you weren't getting any hot throw. Could be the wax you are using. There are some waxes that give excellent cold throw but won't throw hot. Sometimes it takes getting a good full melt pool going before you smell anything. A lot of the veggie waxes are famous for giving off great cold throw...but throw very lightly or not at all when burning. What kind of wax are you using?

Hi Fern, thank you very much for explanation.

I don't know what kind of waxes I used, I buy candles in stock at supermarket then I recycle them.. Yes, I'm not very professional!! But as I have already said here in Italy people doesn not even know candle can be made at home!!!:shocked2: And there is not distinction among different kind of waxes and their purpose or usage. My dream is to buy some Astorlite for example, or IGI but.. if I don't take a plane and come to take it myself I think this will still be a dream!

Uh and thank you very much for your kind words!

Bye

Oh, that is too bad that you cannot get wax in Italy. I guess it would also be rather difficult to find out what type of wax you are using if you recycle the ones from the supermarket. I don't know what else to tell you then since I have no idea what type of wax it is. Well, regardless of the difficulties you have encountered, you made a very lovely candle that burns very nicely...so enjoy the candle light while it's burning...and enjoy the aroma when it's not. You should still feel proud of yourself, you did a good job. :smiley2:

I think that is a really a nice-looking candle, especially in light of the fact that you used recycled wax! I really like the sphere shape of it. I hope some day you will be able to purchase wax in Italy so you can experiment even more. I admire your ingenuity!