My New Love...

HeavenScentU

making these soaps are so much fun. Now I have two loves candles and soaps. Here are a few photos. No color has been added just herbs I was hoping they would be all white or cream color. I didn't realize the herbs would change the color so much, but I love the natural colors. I had some extra pieces from the Lavender soap that I just made balls. :P

1st Lavender Olive Oil soap, 2nd Huckleberry Soy soap, 3rd Mango Sage Soy soap.

[ATTACH]10110[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10112[/ATTACH]

post-1618-139458418295_thumb.jpg

post-1618-139458418297_thumb.jpg

post-1618-139458418298_thumb.jpg

I have been making soap for two weeks now. I used to make soap back in 1998 and stopped. I don't think I was ready to make them because I just couldn't get into it and started making candles instead. I decided to make them again after researching on and off for a year, and started up again two weeks ago. I still had all my soap making books and recipes thank God, so this time I am ready. The soy soap seems to be very luxurious, very lathery and soft large bubbles. I am very happy with all of them. :yay:

Thanks everyone. I was concerned about the herbs too, because I didn't think it would have much color, but I am happy that each batch has been different. My hubby wants to make soap every chance we aren't busy. So now. We have got our cost down to .29 cents a bar. I am not sure if that is good or bad. Should it be less??? Not including labeling, no plans for that yet. This is a soy soap and has very large silky bubbles, light fluffy lather almost like a good lotion. The recipe I had was what I used from the first time making soap. I almost threw it out because we used to move alot and I was tired of lugging the soap supplies around, good thing I am a hoarder... Why did I stop.... Now me and the hubby are addicted. HELP!!!! This is an Oatmeal/Cinnamon soap.

[ATTACH]10129[/ATTACH]

post-1618-139458418341_thumb.jpg

Isn't the OO soap supposed to be white?? This is my first soap that I have ever made with OO so I guess I don't know any better. I like it but the soap is very slow to lather it is mostly light bubbles with a little bit of lather. Love the white color, so I am going to make a plain soy soap and hopefully I will get the white color that I love, with just scent and no herbs.

• 4 months later...