Soap cutter

mysticglow

I have been looking at this soap cutter for a few days now. I can not cut an even bar of soap to save my life. I even bought the upland with cut lines and still can't get even bars. So, I'm thinking about buying this cutter? Has anyone used it or any of the other cutters on this site? I am thinking the hobby version will be sufficient for me. Any reviews or opinions? TIA, Judy

http://www.forcraftssake.mainsecure.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=24&zenid=32ee01c91eb3e3e6b9181c8960c0fe10

saw them at the Chicago conference...Ask Bunny...she bought one.

I love their little beveler...AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the reply. I actually had the beveler on my wish list too.

I'm gonna have to hide the checkbook from my DH if I don't stop. ;)

Everytime the doorbell rings it's the UPS guy with more goodies for me.

I use this same one & it works great. $100.00 is whole lot of money for a soap cutter IMO:)

Almost 100.00 plus shipping is a whole lot for a soap cutter.

Unless you are really cranking out the soap sales.

You can get this one for 3.00~ So your bars are straight. :)

I am the queen of cheap when it comes to supplies.

http://www.conniescandles.com/colorssupplies.html

Scroll down a bit.

Here is a pic:

Yeah, $100.00 IS a lot of money. That's why I'm still LOOKING. ;)

If your gonna dream - dream big. RIGHT?

I just get so sick of looking at my crooked bars of soap. I bought a miter box at Lowe's but it's still a little hard to get consistantly sized bars everytime. I'm a little obsessive about consistancy. Can ya tell?:P Can't help myself.

This one isn't as cheap as Mystical's but not as expensive as the other. I have this soap cutter and really like it. I too have the Uplands mold and my inablility to cut a straight bar is the only reason I don't like mine. I just love the ease of using the liner though - no having to wait for DH to line my molds. I bought one of those molds that Mystical showed in another thread recenlty (I think she said, and Kim responded, that Kim had one?) Anyway, that damn thing cracked on a 3 sides the very first time I used it!!!

http://delsiesoaps.com/delsie_soap_cutter.html

I do not think that $100.00 is over the top for the cost of a soap cutter. It depends on how much you produce. I have learned over the years that the quality in the items that you use for soaping make all of the difference in the final outcome.

Time is money. If it takes you 30 minutes to cut and trim 50 bars or you invest $100.00 in a soap cutter that cuts and trims 50 bars in 5 minutes than you have made yourself more money.... if you look at it from a business standpoint.

If you like it and you will use it, why not? :)

I do not think that $100.00 is over the top for the cost of a soap cutter. It depends on how much you produce. I have learned over the years that the quality in the items that you use for soaping make all of the difference in the final outcome.

Time is money. If it takes you 30 minutes to cut and trim 50 bars or you invest $100.00 in a soap cutter that cuts and trims 50 bars in 5 minutes than you have made yourself more money.... if you look at it from a business standpoint.

I don't sell the soap yet but when I am ready to sell I want to start off with the same quality/look that I want to end up with. KWIM?? I talked to my hubby and he says I can buy it if I want to. Kinda has the same idea that you did on it. Says ya got spend money to make money. Gotta love that man! ;)

I don't sell the soap yet but when I am ready to sell I want to start off with the same quality/look that I want to end up with. KWIM?? I talked to my hubby and he says I can buy it if I want to. Kinda has the same idea that you did on it. Says ya got spend money to make money. Gotta love that man! ;)

I agree, it is all about quality. You've gotta' love the supportive husband!!:)

I have that bad boy hobby cutter and I have to admit it was the best $100 I ever spent. My soaps now have the look I couldn't get with cutting them myself with those other type of cutters. No more crumbled edges, fast and easy!! Trust me, you won't be sorry, it's a good investment!!

I have that bad boy hobby cutter and I have to admit it was the best $100 I ever spent. My soaps now have the look I couldn't get with cutting them myself with those other type of cutters. No more crumbled edges, fast and easy!! Trust me, you won't be sorry, it's a good investment!!

Thanks, I'm thinking I may just go on ahead and order it. It's a $100 but will save time and give me the look that I want.

I got a used cutter and 4 quadrant mold together for about 120 dollars not counting shipping. I absolutely love it.....same shape and size bars. I still bevel when I want to.....but thats because its my choice when I have time or want to make it look special.

Keep checking ebay you might find one and get lucky.

Pam

That's my thoughts exactly.

I have this cutter from FCS (only I bought it 3 years ago and it was only $70.00) and I cannot tell you the time, energy and MONEY it has saved me.. I LOVE it and would not do without it ever!! lol

I tried everything from the mitre box cutters, to the wire in a slab type of cutter, and nothing cut them as well as this cutter. :)