Peak's Liquid Candle Dye

So of course.....AFTER I order 14 of Peak's Liquid Candle Dyes (they carry 15), I find out there's a Co-Op. :eek: So, I get the dyes today, and while sitting at the computer reading the message boards, I decided to remove the "in-transit" cap and screw on the glass dropper pipete thing. <cue mystery music> Did the first one, no problem. Did the second one, really without looking...and wouldn't you know it! That darn Peak's! They filled that bottle SO full that when I plopped in the dropper pipete, the dye all squished out the top of the bottle! This is the only freakin' time in my life that I'm gonna bitch about something being toooo full! :laugh2: And was it the pale Golden Honey/Vanilla color?? Heck no! Not in my house! It was the teal/aqua! And it was alllll over both my hands, all over my desk and my mouse! And was there anyone home that could run me a roll of paper towels real quick?? Hell no! Not in my house! :laugh2: Oh my...it was not a pretty thing. By the time it was all over and done with....My mouse and desk were green, the kitchen sink was all splattered green and the kitchen and bathroom counters were all green! :tiptoe: I just knew DH was gonna FLIP. BUT...with the help of Watkin's Organic Cleanser....and most of a bottle of nail polish remover, I was able, at least to get all the kitchen, bathroom and office surfaces cleaned before DH got home. Of course, my hands were aqua from my wrists to the tips of my nails. ROFL! DH had a real belly laugh on that one.....:P

Note to anyone getting into the co-op....order the liquid dye remover just in case!

GRRRRR....off to find some ultra mega moisturizing lotion for these hands. Nail polish remover is rough on the skin! LOL!

Donna

ROFL! Actually...the coffee and yellow were just as full...when I did those, though, they were on wax paper in the kitchen! They were so full (how full were they?) that I had to syphon off a dropper full into a dixie cup. The others I just sucked some into the dropper and all was well.

Hehe...I did get most of it off my skin. Enough so that I *probably* won't get any strange glances tomorrow in class. :D

I did not know that about the FO! See? You learn something new every day! Though after making 6 different scents of tarts today, I don't know if DH could have handled another scent! Oh well...anything is better than nail polish remover when it's ad nausem. :laugh2:

Donna

DUcking now, but when I got my Peak's liquids it was the only time I complained about too much product, and my hands were a combo of orange and purple smudges. Yes, FO is wonderful for removing dye. Umm also, if you drop one of those bottles, it bounces pretty well if it hits on its side. Just make sure you have the lid on if you try it as well ... I lost most of my coffee dye that way. :tiptoe:

Umm also, if you drop one of those bottles, it bounces pretty well if it hits on its side.

It also shatters nicely after that bounce on concrete. Nothing pur-tier than a kalaidescope of amber glass chips and purple dye...well, the green dye was pretty too... :rolleyes2

I'm feeling your colored pain....:shocked2:

Oh, and a word of warning for something else that's horrible...be careful of those little squishie pillows... My bulldog Jake ate one, and we had billions of white, static clingy balls all over the house. Those suckers don't vaccume up, wipe up, NOTHIN'! Poor Jake had them stuck up his nose!

So, BTW....what's a co-op? :grin2: (I havta ask!)

Suzy

How about getting a drop on the floor , not realizing it , till you stepped in it and walked all around the kitchen , putting red dots on the floor from your foot. LOL

Paula

I did that with the brown after it went everywhere. Spent a whole night trying to clean up after myself.