Candle Wealth again (no, not me but a friend)

Guess I am looking for advice.

Someone emailed me asking if I knew anything about Candle Wealth. At the time, I told her I knew nothing about it. I decided to read up on them, and well, I think you can figure out my conclusion.

Meanwhile, while I was reading up on them, she emails me and says she signed up and already has her "business web site" up, and she hasn't even received her first kit yet! All she did was emphasize their "great compensation plan". It sounds like its all about the money, and not the candles?

She is claiming it is all soy....but I saw the jars they offered, and there is no way you can single wick those (at least imho) and I watched their video, and they are pouring hot.

Then I saw their kits - I think the smallest one, including their brochures, is like 250 bucks! I was so tempted to email her and say girl, you can get 50 pounds for 37.50. lol.

I tried to say are you SURE it is 100 percent soy? And she said yes, and went back to their "great compensation program".

I mean, how can you put a site up and start selling, when ya havent evenr received your first kit? I have been playing with pure soy for about two years, and have learned the hard way, after losing many hairs, that there are soooo many variables!

Anyhow, someone told me to just keep quiet and she will learn. Oh..but how it bugs me when it is all about the MONEY!!

Done ranting now...heheheh

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Thanks guys.

Fire - yea, I did a search on here a while ago and saved two links to some quite lengthy discussions.

I tried to hint in a nice way to no avail. But on the other hand, if I don't come out and be blunt (lol), I am not a good friend either.

All the emphasis is on making $$$$$$ with them.......

Yea, I had a lot of $$$ burn my wallet with all of the testing, and testing and testing. lol.

I guess I am just frustrated with these pyramids and the naivity of some.

Thanks guys!

I'm curious. Has anybody actually tried their wax. Is it possible that it might actually be good, or has anybody actually asked them where they are getting their wax? I can't believe that they own a manufacturing plant somewhere making their own. Is it a private label being made by one of the biggies? Maybe it is just a blending of different types of soy waxes that we all use.

I have been curious about this for awhile.

Bob and DonnaMarie

Oh my gosh.. it's the Stanley Home Party Products revived as a candle club now. I listened to the entire powerpoint presentation... yikes another get rich quick scheme.

In this particular candle business it seems the key feature is selling the candlemaking kits... sounds easy enough,, buttttt unless someone is selling what they're producing from the candlemaking kits,, they aren't going to order more.. so now,, your commission has stopped because the ordering of the candlemaking kits , has stopped.

Testingg... hmmm seems there's and R&D department,,, wonder if they've tested for different climates,, mountain ranges etc.

According to the presentation it costs $3,00 to make a 6oz candle.. which can be sold for $12.00.... :confused: :confused: ok.. where's that market.. I want a piece of that action.

Cripes one is lucky to get a dollar per ounce in a container jar, in the market today.... Ohhh the wholesale buyers are gonna have a field day with this one....:laugh2:

I tried to hint in a nice way to no avail. But on the other hand, if I don't come out and be blunt (lol), I am not a good friend either.

All the emphasis is on making $$$$$$ with them.......

Wikipedia has a nice little article about "Pyramid Scheme". I can understand the frustration. A friend of mine bought into a different MLM thingy some time ago. No matter what I said to him, it didn't matter. He had already been sprinkled with a liberal application of stupid dust.

A friend of mine bought into a different MLM thingy some time ago. No matter what I said to him, it didn't matter.
I don't know how the staff training for MLMs in general is conducted, but it appears to be some form of brainwashing! Once they've joined, they're all spouting the same kind of language which I know they must have memorized because normal folks don't talk like that! I don't have information on the quality of the wax, but just like any other MLM, the focus is on training the downliners and not about the candles.

Yeah, it just ain't right. The parroted zippy key words/phrases and such must be part of the pyramid scheme formula. Either you're instantly repelled by it, or it turns the brain to a mush which can be used as a growing medium for an implanted symbiote. (Which will help further their agenda.)

Yeah, it just ain't right. The parroted zippy key words/phrases and such must be part of the pyramid scheme formula. Either you're instantly repelled by it, or it turns the brain to a mush which can be used as a growing medium for an implanted symbiote. (Which will help further their agenda.)

Like " Earn six figures your first year of business"....:laugh2:

I never realized that Candle Wealth was about selling the Candle Kits, not selling candles made with the kits! That screams Pyramid scheme! :mad:

I had a dear friend who got involved in a MLM deal. She and her husband were both on board with it, and tried to get me and mrs geek involved too. We went to one of their recruiting meetings at a motor inn conference room, and one could easily see how these people get sucked in. Forst, they do lay down alot of catch phrases and cool buzzwords to work you into a frenzy. Then alot of pressure is applied to make you get involved. The overriding point they try to get across is that if you really don't want to be successful and wealthy if you don't join their group. They have lots of strategies to use if you resist, and they are based on making you feel stupid around other people who were smart enough to sign on to their scheme.

The bad part of the whole ordeal was that my dear friend sponsored me when I went through RCIA and was baptized into the Catholic Church. Talk about pressure! Ugh

geek

well, I don't understand how *one* wax formula and *one* fo/dye formula* works for *everyone*. If that were the case, this board might not even exist :shocked2:

Then out of curiosity I watched the entire presentation...and they were saying how their "pyramid" was different than others (in so many words). So then I went to wikopedia and was reading about the pyramid scams...and it is exactly the same "pyramid".

One response I got was "those people don't know what they are talking about"...

I don't want to say anymore....

but a lot of people on here have been doing this for YEARS and how many pounds poured???...

and I am always on here reading to see what many of you experienced chandlers have to say or suggest... Nothing is written in stone when it comes to candles....

I am still "tweaking" after almost three years.

speaking of "tweaking"...I must go change a wick now..lol

have a great day

Pyramid scheme = illegal and outdated decades ago. Do the research.

MLM isn't for everyone, because most people won't put in the work required to make it happen, myself included.

What I like about Candlewealth is that I can recruit if I want to (I don't), or I can purchase the product and make and sell candles. Where their product line is incomplete, I purchase elsewhere.

Their wax is very nice. I don't have most of the issues that I see presented here, at least not as severe. I've tried some others, and I'm still trying others. Their fragrances are phenominal.

Yes, their kit instructions are over-simplified, but easily worked out as you start making/burning them.

So, yes, they're expensive, but they do have to support a network of distributors. That's how MLM (no pyramid) works.

I am having fun with CandleWealth and their products. I'm not pushing any opportunity on anyone. If someone asks about it, I'll tell them like it is. It takes work. It takes time. There are no get-rich-quick opportunities, at least none that last.

I'll go back to my MLM closet now. I'm not asking for a bashing/flame war, just thought I'd do a little defense.

Tony

I'm curious. Has anybody actually tried their wax. Is it possible that it might actually be good, or has anybody actually asked them where they are getting their wax? I can't believe that they own a manufacturing plant somewhere making their own. Is it a private label being made by one of the biggies? Maybe it is just a blending of different types of soy waxes that we all use.

I have been curious about this for awhile.

Bob and DonnaMarie

I like the wax. About the only issue I have that is common with a lot of soy waxes is "wet spots". Frosting is minimal, and usually only with the red dye.

I think the MP is higher than most soys I've messed with, which isn't many.

I get the best results by pre-warming the jars slightly. Pouring when the wax begins to get slushy, but still very liquid. I get the best tops and best adhesion this way.

I don't know who makes their wax. I do believe that they have their own flaker, but that's the extent of their manufacturing at this point.

I'm in sticker shock over the prices that they have listed for all the items you buy... I never pay anywhere near those prices and I'm typically buying in even smaller quantities!!!

How much do you have to charge just to cover your expenses? I'm part of the struggling $1 an once club, and am just doing this for fun. I can't imagine what you have to charge to try to make money doing this with those kinds of costs!

Seriously, at $144 for 100 lbs of wax and $10 for 4 oz of FO, they're makin' some serious money- way more than any of their "candle makers"...

wow... thinking *I* need an MLM of my own!

-Kristi

I'm in sticker shock over the prices that they have listed for all the items you buy... I never pay anywhere near those prices and I'm typically buying in even smaller quantities!!!

How much do you have to charge just to cover your expenses? I'm part of the struggling $1 an once club, and am just doing this for fun. I can't imagine what you have to charge to try to make money doing this with those kinds of costs!

Seriously, at $144 for 100 lbs of wax and $10 for 4 oz of FO, they're makin' some serious money- way more than any of their "candle makers"...

-Kristi

You're seeing "retail" pricing. Those are not the prices distributors pay.

-Kristi

They're a public company. You should be able to find out how much money "they're" making.

hehehehe Symbiote...

Is this the wholesale price list for CW products???

http://www.downline.tv/cwealth/price_list.asp

100 lbs - $121 if your a master

$144 if your are just an associate

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

I have tried CW Soy.

I got a free micro kit and free candle samples from a rep.

I was impressed on the frosting part. Did not frost.

(Makes me wonder if somthing more than soy is in it.):confused:

The Scent throw was poor.