Thinking of buying FO Stateside

Ian H

I'm using www.myus.com and I am completely happy with them. Of coursee, it's not the cheapest way to ship, but it's express and I don't have to care for all this paper/customs/etc. stuff - they are doing all this for me. They also keep customs very low.

If you want to I can offer to send your stuff to my US address so we can combine shipping (which would be cheaper for you of course). I have about 10 - 30 pounds to ship, so if you've got some samples or two or three bottles of fo it should be no problem to throw them into my parcel. It still is more expensive than USPS ground shipping, but you have your stuff in about 2-4 days. Of course you need to pay for shipping from me to you.

At the moment I have some parcels waiting to be shipped so if you want to I can wait another week.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Inez,

thans for your offer I really apreciate it!

But don't worry, now I'm all set, I just got the last box full of molds and that's all for now!

I'm just an hobbyst maybe if my business will grow I could take into consideration using a forwarder.

Thanks!

Hi, Just got my FOs from Day Star, Just over a week it took to the UK which is great, 12 2oz bottles only $9.50 postage, air mail! Very reasonable and they smell fantastic!!!!! As for forwarders, i know some people on this site in the US can get small orders for you and then send them to you. Only recently tried one lady and waiting to receive the items, but was only about a week ago i paid!Anyway could post on the general board for that sort of thing. Also NG does ship to UK, I placed my order with them yesterday!!!! Very reasonable shipping and a good choice of options.Peak never seem to repsond to my emails tho!!!!!

Hi Inez,

thans for your offer I really apreciate it!

But don't worry, now I'm all set, I just got the last box full of molds and that's all for now!

I'm just an hobbyst maybe if my business will grow I could take into consideration using a forwarder.

Thanks!

I'm in the same position Sabrina. I can see a positive value if you need shipments often, but works out a little expensive if you do a one off.

Ian

I'm in the same position Sabrina. I can see a positive value if you need shipments often, but works out a little expensive if you do a one off.

Ian

I think your best bet at this point is to try some sample pack from the supplier we know will ship to you, then make your choices and plan what you would like to offer.

Sometimes when I don't need things fast I make a large order and have it shipped with surface mail, slow but cheap.

You just have to be careful for restocking supplies, since USPS can be crazy sometimes. Also italian post is not so reliable so maybe the delays I have are an italian matter!

I should check NG site again.

I really love their pomegranate maybe it's time to try something else!

Thanks for letting me know!

I just saw that in UK you have flat rate shipping.. that's why you paid so few $$.. Lucky you!!

Sabrina,

the $ 9,50 isn't a special rate for th UK, but the normal USPS Global Priority Flat Rate, so it also applies to you. Stacy tries to ship as much as possible with USPS.

Don't you all never ever order bigger bottles than 2 oz??

Inez I order 8 oz- 16 oz bottles. Simply at the state of the art I can't afford an account, monthly fees and extra costs to get them. I don't sell (even if I'd like) much, just few candles in christmas time, so I can't invest too much. I'm already spending a lot of money just to satisfy the candlemaker in me! Maybe one day, when I'l grow up...:rolleyes2

Sabrina,

the $ 9,50 isn't a special rate for th UK, but the normal USPS Global Priority Flat Rate, so it also applies to you. Stacy tries to ship as much as possible with USPS.

Ah no, it doesn't apply to Italy.

If you go to USPS site and check shipping for italy you will see that this option doesn't appear. And I just had confirmation of this because Label by the sheets ships to germany, spain, uk, but not to italy because there is no global priority flat rate available.

Ah, bella italia!!!

I really thought you are kidding but now I've checked myself - not to Italy:shocked2::shocked2: Why??? If can be of my assistance then please let your stuff be shipped to me - I will gladly forward it to you in Milano.

Yes, I know an account is maybe too expensive for you at the moment (although I keep fingers crossed that your business grows!!) - I only wanted to offer you to send the bottles to my US address and you could pay me an affordable part of the shipping if that helps...

I really thought you are kidding but now I've checked myself - not to Italy:shocked2::shocked2: Why??? If can be of my assistance then please let your stuff be shipped to me - I will gladly forward it to you in Milano.

Yes, I know an account is maybe too expensive for you at the moment (although I keep fingers crossed that your business grows!!) - I only wanted to offer you to send the bottles to my US address and you could pay me an affordable part of the shipping if that helps...

I wish it was a joke, but it's true. I told you Italy is the worst european country for certain things.

I really appreciate your offer and if I should need something I will ask you to help! Then I will surely pay my part. Thanks again!

I wish it was a joke, but it's true. I told you Italy is the worst european country for certain things.

I really appreciate your offer and if I should need something I will ask you to help! Then I will surely pay my part. Thanks again!

Look you can't have everything Sabrina. Italy is a wonderful country. Nice good people, terrific food, good weather and a sense of style that is your own.

I would gladly retire to Tuscany if I could afford to.

BTW I'm still waiting for replies to my emails. Almost 3 days and no response from Just Scents.:(

Ian

I'm happy to be the "Grand Central" for our out of country friends. :D

I gather all orders or orders would be placed and sent to me and then I have it shipped out. I do great for Natty and few others.

We have found that more stuff ordered and put in one box comes out cheaper when shipping. I always use the cheapest, fastest ship out.

Sweetsugary, your wicks just left today. :)

Hugs

Dani

I would gladly retire to Tuscany if I could afford to.

Me too, me too! Or to Umbria! Or to Rome! No, better to Umbria! And visiting Rome every week!

But believe me: I love GB just as much as I love Italy (even if the weather and the food isn't as good as in Italy, is it?;););) - you've had one of the most fascinating queens in the world, good queen Bess - since my time at university I have a crush on the Tudors:rolleyes2!) and I enjoy almost nothing as much as being in London around xmas.

Okay, but back to candles: Just Scent is shipping to Europe (Becky has sent me two parcels before) but only with UPS as far as I know.

I'm happy to be the "Grand Central" for our out of country friends. :D

I gather all orders or orders would be placed and sent to me and then I have it shipped out. I do great for Natty and few others.

We have found that more stuff ordered and put in one box comes out cheaper when shipping. I always use the cheapest, fastest ship out.

Sweetsugary, your wicks just left today. :)

Hugs

Dani

Dani,

that's incredibly kind of you - not too much work? Natty advised me to ask you to ship my wreaths to me (they are still at my forwarders office in Florida!) but I really don't want you to get in trouble because of me.

Anyway, it's so nice to have people helping out!

Dani, do you mean we can shop at "Raggedy Dani" store?:grin2:

I already have a lot of help from many people here, I have to say ten thousand times thanks to CT!

You betcha!! I have wholesale accounts all the way to Austrilla and United Kingdom. It's neat to know i have my own products clear across the world.

Dani

Beware that if you all come to Italy you will sure eat good food, but get mad searching for a tealight holder. Or for round labels! Or for everything else that's related to candles!

IF I had enough mone to settle in Italy I'd definitely spend my time on eating everything the italian kitchen has to offer, take care of my vineyard, my olive trees, my private beach, sitting in the sun...and definitely not searching for round labels:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Poor Sabrina! Guess what: yesterday I tried finding a German source clear labels for the scent names to put on the back of my containers. Result? I ordered in the USA again...

It wouldn't even help to establish a suppliers business because all the European candlemakers are here on the board and we are not too many, right?

Well my Euro friends the reality is that the market in the States is massive. I was once told by an American that the UK in terms of consumers was the equal of just one US state. I think there are 52 in total or 53 maybe. Puts some perspective on things eh?

I have just received an email from Natures Garden confirming that they will ship to me. I can place my order online but have to chose Canada as my COO. They will then email me with shipping options and prices.

I am still waiting for further replies to my emails but some progress. TBH I think that NG has the edge on website info and their range is big.

Ian

Thanks for the mensh Sugarysweet !

I am indeed extending the FO range dramatically in the coming weeks. I have found a UK manufacturer that can rival the US FO's easily and of course the prices will be as low as they always are on my site.

For those who may be interested we are also supplying wholesale both candles and candle making supplies.

Keith

Candelights

http://www.candelights.co.uk

I've already bookmarked your site Keith. ATM your scent range doesn't quite hit the spot for me, but I'll check back later with interest if you are extending it. Prices do look OK on FO's I agree. If you could somehow indicate a throw rating it would be great.

Ian