Fragrance oils question

msmeredith

I was wondering where do all the street vendors, bootleggers, barbershops/beauty shops get all their FO's from? I always see guys walking around selling various oils but I am quite sure they are not on the net though. Is there some secret to purchasing these items locally?

I have never heard of diluting fragrance oils. Mine smell so great and originally purchased for soapmaking. They were not recently purchased but smelling just like they did when I did. Over a year old too. Maybe some bought these for candlemaking, but wasn't my intent at the time. Wondering if they even have a shelf life. Anyone experienced in that area as FO companies say a year, maybe so, but maybe also for their new sales too. I am not saying anything bad about them, but curious on my end too. I assume with a scent they are still good to use. I have used mine on cotton balls in bathroom, on potpourri as well, and original intent only soaps (cold pressed or HP). Feel free to email me too besides posting.

carolg

I've been wordering the same thing myself. Here in CT we even have a store where they sell hundreds of different fragrances for you to scent your own lotions and bath salts. I personally don't like the way they smell. Maybe it's the stuff they use to dilute or "cut" the oils to make them safe for direct contact with the skin? Not sure though.

Maybe I was misunderstood. I meant the perfume/cologne on the roller bottles. Where do they get the oils to make them from? I know its not the net but they sell roller bottles everywhere around here.

Yes you have to dilute the oils you purchase in you use them in roller bottles or what not because it is a pure oil and will irritate the skin. Not meaning to dilute then add to soap, candles or lotions.