Insurance for B&B products different from candles

Brooke

Hello All,

I was wondering what type of insurance is needed for B&B products?

I have seen policies for Candles products but how able the liability part for body products. Is this a total different ball game? :rolleyes2

Always thanks for your time!!

Brooke

Hey, finally a question I can answer.

I did find a place to insure both by candles and bath and body products. The company is called Acuity. They did ask for a copy of the ingredients in my bath and body stuff. I am not sure if they even looked at the print out since I never got any calls with questions.

Good Luck,

Kim

When I was researching this, I stumbled across this site...lol by chance, and was pretty glad I did. The site lists some insurance co's in many states (by state), some of which will cover both. Obviously research would still need to be done, depending on the agent. Also read the advice underneath the list for other ideas.

http://www.candlecauldron.com/insurance.html

Hope this helps.

Stacy

When dealing with Product Liability Insurance it is a really broad and general biz. I had PL for my candles and it was lumped all together as "crafters" . I called the company when I started doing B&B and they said since I had a policy in place that they would extend to cover my B&B. Not all compnies will do that...but most of the ones I write Insurance for will unless it is expressed as a named exclusion on the policy.

When I sent in my application for candles I added bath and body and I also put that on products I carry.I have never been told that it isn't covered.It is a crafters insurance and the first year I called it was said I do not have to put it down BUT I make sure I do.They mentioned it would be covered but to be on the safe side I list those products along with candles, air fresheners etc.I am sure I leave something out but it gives a general idea.

LynnS

Hey, finally a question I can answer.

I did find a place to insure both by candles and bath and body products. The company is called Acuity. They did ask for a copy of the ingredients in my bath and body stuff. I am not sure if they even looked at the print out since I never got any calls with questions.

Good Luck,

Kim

Do you have the contact information for Acuity? I would be interested in it.

Thanks