I wanted purple!!!

dcroome2005

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:I was soaping Guavaberry tonight from Solas. Now, so far , for the past week of soaping- the fairies have been with me.. I have been doing really good for a newbie.. NOW, the evil demon came and made my color BROWN. Hopefully it turns in the middle of the night. I wanted freaking Purple. I am the only one in history probably that tried to get a purple and it comes out BROWN. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

Come on everyone.. Say it all at once.. "Christina, step away from the micas" lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooo

I used a Violet , then I screwed it up because it went gray ( not thinking It may change ) so then I started adding a little bit of this, a little bit of that lmfaoooooooooooooooo and so on and so forth. Thanks for the suggesting Carrie- I will check them out!

Christina

Sorry you guys are having so much problem with this color, wish i was.. For some reason i can get the purple to come thru on the cp soap.. Now i dont know if this matters, but i took a little bit of glycerin, added the oxide, stirred till completely dissolved and then added my soap to it.... then swirled... worked great!

Too late, but I use the lavender fields from MMS and I get great purple every time. First it goes grey but by morning it's purple again.

Yesterday I made a Lavender Chamomile soap using MMS's Lavender Fields and Gold Mica. Normally LF turns a beautiful purple for me but not this time. That darn soap came out the ugliest gray and gold. How drab! Smells great tho'.

Sorry you guys are having so much problem with this color, wish i was.. For some reason i can get the purple to come thru on the cp soap.. Now i dont know if this matters, but i took a little bit of glycerin, added the oxide, stirred till completely dissolved and then added my soap to it.... then swirled... worked great!

NO!! It doesn't matter. That's how I deal with my micas, oxides and ultras lol ... it stays purple till the soap goes in the pot. I forgot to look though, but I think some of my purple started coming back out of the brown that was there. At any rate, I have manganese to sell ya Leslie when you run out :P

I hate purple. Not the color purple ... I mean trying to GET purple soap. LOL

I have ended up with some murky, muddy, grayish yuck dog turd colored soap in my day from not using enough UM violet or FD&C blue.

My most brilliant purple soap was from using blue food color. You have to be patient while it morphs, though; you'll get some disgusting, nasty colors in the interim.