4630 or 4633???

That is the question!LOL!

The only kind of wax I used is J223(now 4633). That is until recently I accidently got 2 cases of the IGI 4630. I have poured a few candles & think I might actually like this wax better. I was hoping to get y'alls input on which wax you like better & why?~PRETTY PLEASE~Is there anything special I need to know about this wax? I really appreciate your help! THX & HUGZ~

I've been using the 4630 for almost 2years. It smokes and soots a lot. A LOT!

I've had to wick down several sizes from what I used with J50 and it's better but I'm still not 100% happy with the soot.

I thought about switching back to J50 (now 4636) and tested a handful of my top sellers and found that they don't throw as strong as they did in the 4630. I think I'm sticking with the 4630 for now and hopefully can rid of the soot issues.

I gave up on the 4630, wicking is rough with all the soot. The 4630 has alot of oil in it, which is why it smokes(info from supplier). I did find the zincs smoked less, but get mushrooms.

I am about to give up on 4630 as well, due to the smoking.

Thank y'all so much for your help! I really appreciate it & definitely needed it. I am using the zinc wicks so hopefully they will work right. I like the fact too that it's cheaper. So I guess I'm going to stick w/ this for now & see how it goes. Thx again for all the helpful advice. Hugz~

• 6 years later...

Some folks, including myself, convert 4630 into parasoy in ratios of between 50/50 to 75/25. You might take a small hit of HT depending on the soy wax you use but the upside is much less soot and still great HT. All of the waxes I use now are personal blends; pillars, votives, containers, and melts.