Astorlite F

Does anyone use this wax anymore? I never see anyone mention it and I dont see pics in the gallery using this wax. I have 15lbs of this stuff, I've only poured a couple votives with it. Just wondering.

Trying to see if I can get some Astorlite F users to come out of the closet! LOL

Thanks!

:cool2:Another Astorlilte F fan, love the look of the candle. Use Eco 12 wicks for 3 inch pillars. Tried Eco 14's, but will burn through after about 3 hours, or less. LX 28's are way too hot, will try 22's. I shoot the pillar out of the mold with an air gun and compressor set to 80PSI on one piece, concave, pillar molds, and it takes about 1 second. Sure beats trying to pull them out by hand , have pulled too many wicks out of the candle. If having problems, E mail me for details.

:cool2:Another Astorlilte F fan, love the look of the candle. Use Eco 12 wicks for 3 inch pillars. Tried Eco 14's, but will burn through after about 3 hours, or less. LX 28's are way too hot, will try 22's. I shoot the pillar out of the mold with an air gun and compressor set to 80PSI on one piece, concave, pillar molds, and it takes about 1 second. Sure beats trying to pull them out by hand , have pulled too many wicks out of the candle. If having problems, E mail me for details.

Please be careful when you are doing the air compressor thing. I had a pretty bad accident about a month ago using this to get my candles out of the molds. The mold came away from the candle and smashed me in the mouth. I am wearing braces on my teeth at this time, and I am thankful I am. My dentist said I would not have front teeth if I wasn't wearing braces.

Just a word of warning.

I now use 5% veg stearic in my wax and they just come straight out with ease, no more scary air compressor :smiley2:

Another recycled post of mine - testing the "F" or "Palm 3". My favorite is the crystallizing one though.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1109546860;start=

I use an LX 24 or 26, but I really just do them for decorative pillars now. I just like how paraffin or BW burns in pillars better - just a preference. Can't beat the looks of the palms though.