Tussah silk

elitenaildesign

I bought an 8 ounce bag of Tussa Silk Noils from The Woolery this last spring. 8 ounces is like a huge cotton candy bag! Since I found them, I have sent a lot of soapiers to them; and everyone loves their silk! GREAT PRICING!

Scroll down to the "TUSSAH SILK NOILS" about 2/3 down the page. They sell 8 ounces for only $12.00

Here is the link;

http://www.woolery.com/Pages/fibers.html#exotic

Paul....;)

I got a sample of that silk, it was very low quality. It is nothing like the Tussah silk I cooped. It had so much debris in it. I saw you post about it at the same time I was researching for the silk coop so I ordered a sample. I don't know that I'd use it. Can I send you a sample of the tussah silk I cooped?

Paul, I have some of that too. I don't like that I have to filter my lye sol'n to get the bits out, but then because my dishwasher sucks so bad I always end up with floaters in my lye sol'n which I want to strain out anyway.

The Tussah is unbelievable - Look for the thread of the co-op and see Carrie and her family wearing it as wigs - it's so silky and gorgeous. Probably overkill for soaping, but it's so lovely I can't go back!

Paul, I have some of that too. I don't like that I have to filter my lye sol'n to get the bits out, but then because my dishwasher sucks so bad I always end up with floaters in my lye sol'n which I want to strain out anyway.

The Tussah is unbelievable - Look for the thread of the co-op and see Carrie and her family wearing it as wigs - it's so silky and gorgeous. Probably overkill for soaping, but it's so lovely I can't go back!

I think that was Maryann, but that was only 10oz of silk.

You won't find it. Coop threads are only up until the coop is finished. There is like only 2 pages of coops usually at a time.

I wish I could have seen it though. I missed seeing Carrie and her family in their silk wigs. That must have a been a riot. Was it one of your finer moments Carrie? LOL :cool:

That would be fine, I'd like to see this silk! Thanks Carrie! I cam PM you my snail mail addy! It is true there is some debris in this silk. I bought 2 doggie wire brushes and comb my silk free of the debris. It takes only a short time to clean an ounce of the cacoon pieces. Please contact me....and thanks!