Cut and Carve Video

Thanks....I saved that so in my spare time I can start a cut and carve business and put Bruce out of business....NOT......Is sure looks like fun...but Bruce has been doing it for 100 years or so.....maybe someday .....but not anytime soon....but it does intrigue me. (smile) Donita

Sorry to hijack-but Bruce-

I have been down to Key West so many times this past year, and the two cut and carve candle shops are going out of business. Part is due to the hurricanes, but also, I think because people are moving away from the cut and carves. Have you noticed this trend?

Ok, back to the video...

Pat

Sorry to hijack-but Bruce-

I have been down to Key West so many times this past year, and the two cut and carve candle shops are going out of business. Part is due to the hurricanes, but also, I think because people are moving away from the cut and carves. Have you noticed this trend?

Ok, back to the video...

Pat

Ohhhhhhh yes.

If you dont put a figurine in them or dale SR or JR car in them your out of luck. Wedding candles are about the only real sellers for regular carved candles. But then again there use to be lots of regular candle shops like wicks and stix in the malls years ago and they are gone too.

Bruce

Oh, I just thought it was interesting to watch. One day ,if I dont have anything else to do, have dippers, different waxes hot at the same time(different colors but same fragrances:lipsrseal )I might try to do this .

Is that a potato peeler shes using? And Bruce ,if he happens to check this tread, how long does it take to finish a cut and carve from start to finish? Thanks

And Bruce ,if he happens to check this tread, how long does it take to finish a cut and carve from start to finish? Thanks

You will like this link to the old ct board about carving time:

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1097633594;start=

Carving is the fast part the dipping takes much longer. Those in the link were carved in under 4 minutes each. Cant use scented wax the scent is oil and just like putting butter between the wax layers they dont stick together.... ask me how i know? :grin2:

Bruce

You will like this link to the old ct board about carving time:

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1097633594;start=

Carving is the fast part the dipping takes much longer. Those in the link were carved in under 4 minutes each. Cant use scented wax the scent is oil and just like putting butter between the wax layers they dont stick together.... ask me how i know? :grin2:

Bruce

Thanks for the link Bruce. I never get tired of seeing those gorgeous candle of yours! They're just awesome :drool:

*raise your hands if you think Bruce should do a quick carving video just for us* :yay::yay::yay: