Haven't had this happen before

I was doing a repour last night on a candle with paraffin wax. After it had cooled, the top was very wrinkled (the best way to describe it), like a raisin. I've always had it cool with a smooth surface so I'm wondering why it had a wrinkled texture. I used this same wax to make other candles with and haven't had this happen before. The wax had vybar in it as well as some fragrance.

If anyone has any ideas why this happend, I'd love to know!

Thanks.

I was doing a repour last night on a candle with paraffin wax. After it had cooled, the top was very wrinkled (the best way to describe it), like a raisin. I've always had it cool with a smooth surface so I'm wondering why it had a wrinkled texture. I used this same wax to make other candles with and haven't had this happen before. The wax had vybar in it as well as some fragrance.

If anyone has any ideas why this happend, I'd love to know!

Thanks.

Sounds like the brainy effect. What wax was it? Too much Vybar can cause this if I remember right.

Instead of buying a sample of preblended wax from candles and supplies I just jumped in and bought 100lbs..it was the dumbest move I've made since pouring candles..up until then I was using clean wax preblended and it was wonderful..the stuff from candles and supplies just looked like cellulite on my fat thighs...it was awful..I called the company, they told me to pour it at 200 degrees and everything would work out great..well it didn't..so I had 100 lbs of preblended wax that I would use for tarts..but after I poured the first couple of batches I figured it was a small price to pay but just to throw the wax out and not lose my business...I will never not purchase a sample size again...what a huge failure that turned out to be.

Sounds like the brainy effect. What wax was it? Too much Vybar can cause this if I remember right.

I was just going to say the same thing. Sounds like too much vybar. My melts will do that if I add too much vybar trying to get it to hold a bigger scent load. :)